Views: 3502|Replies: 4

is teacher´s day "bribemoney day"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-12 11:02:20 |Display all floors
i was told that if no hongbao is offered it could be that a kid is treated unequal or even disadvantaged.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 12:03:33 |Display all floors
No at all! my father was a schoolmaster and retired many years now. During his career he never get the hongbao. He said a teacher get the hongbao from students who is a  incompetent teacher.and must fire him/her.
Make the impossible possible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 12:18:53 |Display all floors
a schoolmaster retired many years now

that time maybe it wasn´t,  but now it´s rising, my daughter in law got a sms from her son´s teacher clearly prompting her not to forget the "special-pay-day", and similar i heared from other parents too.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-12 17:48:29 |Display all floors
It depends. but I believe more teachers are getting marterlistic./
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 18:09:15 |Display all floors
The first time I taught in China I was offered gifts by a beautiful young lady who was not very scholarly. I first thought she was just being nice but after I accepted them she became lazier in class and did not study for her tests. Eventually when I graded her and explained that she failed because she only got 30% her first reaction was that she should take me out to dinner to discuss the issue and buy me more presents. She thought I wanted more bribes. It made me very sad and I offered her the gifts back and said I could tutor her if she needed help but she mustn't be lazy.

She took the extra help and passed her next exam thankfully but I didn't take any money for it. It is my job,not a profit making exercise.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.