Views: 4307|Replies: 22

The big cat who's just a big softie [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-11 17:04:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ttt222 at 2012-9-11 17:15

These incredible pictures reveal a couple sharing their family home with a pet cheetah.

Big cat Jolie is named after film star Angelina, and the cheetah is certainly used to the A-list treatment at Magda and Japie Pienaar's family home, where it can often be found eating from the kitchen table, snoozing on the sofa, or even curled up on the couple's bed.

The big cat also eats, sleeps and plays with the Pienaars' other, rather more conventional pet; a German Shepherd called Franky.

House cat: Jolie the cheetah with her owners Magda and Japie Pienaar at home in Bloemfontein, South Africa

Magda Pienaar said that, while she was initially reluctant to get a cheetah as a pet, 'diva' Jolie is now a part of the family.

'I was really against the idea of getting a cheetah as a pet,' she said.

'Then one day I saw an advert in our e-mail inbox about a cheetah auction. I knew my husband would try and buy one so I deleted it immediately.'

Source:dailymail.co.uk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:05:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ttt222 at 2012-9-11 17:06

But Mrs Pienaar's efforts were in vain, as her brother-in-law did attend the auction and snapped up three of the cubs - including Jolie, the cheetah he eventually sold to Dr Pienaar.

'We are glad he did now - she is part of the family,' the 63-year-old said.

Just like namesake Angelina, four-year-old Jolie has achieved celebrity status in the Pienaars' hometown of Brakfontein, Free State, near the city Bloemfontein, where fans often turn up at the couples' home to snap pictures of the tame cheetah.

Cute: Jolie the cheetah, seen here at six months old, is now four

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:06:48 |Display all floors

Cuddle: Dr Pienaar cuddles Jolie as a cub

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:07:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ttt222 at 2012-9-11 17:07

Friendly: Jolie gets up close and personal with a smaller feline friend in a tree

'She's become a bit of a celebrity,' Mrs Pienaar said.

'At weekends people come here and take photos. She loves the attention up to a point. After a while she will just growl and walk off. She can be a bit of a diva.'

Jolie may be domesticated but the Pienaars say their pet still has some unfortunate habits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:08:15 |Display all floors

'Wild instincts': The Pienaars say Jolie can often be found chewing things or urinating in the house

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:08:43 |Display all floors

Dinner time: Jolie eats from the kitchen counter at the Pienaars' family home in Bloemfontein

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 17:09:11 |Display all floors

Catching a breeze: Jolie can be seen poking her head through the window of the car on a family drive

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.