Views: 7230|Replies: 11

Days that shook the world – where were you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-6 14:34:51 |Display all floors
The new century has witnessed some huge events that changed the world and caused massive suffering, like the September 11 terrorist attacks, the Iraq war, the Indonesian tsunami in 2004 and the Japanese earthquake and tsunami in 2011, the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008 Or the passing of icons like Michael Jackson.

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing on days that shook the world? Share with us your stories about the biggest stories of the century.

911.jpg

earthquake in wenchuan.jpg

Jackson.jpg

Japan tsunami.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 08:21:25 |Display all floors
I was airing my bike when I heard the news of Jackson's death from a nearby radio broadcast. It was strange that I was not very shocked, on the opposite, It seemed I had a presentiment that would happened and only in this way the legend of the King of pop could be last for good.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-7 08:24:39 |Display all floors
september 11 - at work, listening to the radio... then listening to the radio and checking news in the internet for 2 or 3 days.

Japan 2011 tsunami - at home, watching (more - listening) news channel between my home duties. this video stopped me a little. those ships on the waves between houses... and footage from the buildings over the streets that changed into dangerous rivers, with cars instead fish.

Mickael Jackson? - icon of what? obsessions? pedophilia? for me, off course He was an icon of music - but it was maaaany years before He died

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 11:29:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Raff at 2012-9-11 11:30

what struck me the most was the quake hit Sichuan in 2008. I was then in daze in my math class until someone told me this terrible thing. After that disasters seem to obssess China.
-----By the way ,when did Michael pass away?- - ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 12:24:02 |Display all floors
where are you??
be strong be happy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 13:52:17 |Display all floors
Raff Post time: 2012-9-11 11:29
what struck me the most was the quake hit Sichuan in 2008. I was then in daze in my math class until ...

2009? bad memory for me now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 12:15:03 |Display all floors
'01?  At work, then at the Red Cross.  '04?  In China, watching the events on CCTV.  '08?  In the U.S., reading up on the events on the 'Net.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.