Author: 468259058

Practices in Culture Revolution   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 21:12:34 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-8-31 21:04
Oh, Please give me a link.
I had lived in Sichuan province for nearly 6 years (5 years in Chengdu ...

I will have to go back to the book to give you the quote and it may take a while to do this  ........

But I will do so for honours sake  ............   

I will look for this this hour and if not it will be Monday ........

I am 'involved' this weekend with other things  ...........

I have made a note to do this  .........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 21:22:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-8-31 21:22
expatter Post time: 2012-8-31 21:12
I will have to go back to the book to give you the quote and it may take a while to do this  ..... ...

I know the novel "wild swarns" the first time, thanks for your recommendation.

Sorry that it would cost you a little of your valuable time to look for.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 21:38:51 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-8-31 20:44
If one of your family members within 3 generations were in Hong Kong, Maucau, Taiwan, and foreign co ...

There's hundreds of thousands Chinese in Beijing, Yunnan, Henan etc etc who cam back from overseas countries like Vietnam, Malaysia Thailand etc etc. Most of them received higher education, even made it to the college.

So, if you want to spread lies, make sure there's no one to reveal your ridiculous statement.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 21:43:54 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-8-31 21:22
I know the novel "wild swarns" the first time, thanks for your recommendation.

Sorry that it wou ...

I found it  ..........

Page 271 ..........

"The religious aspect of the Mao cult would not have been possible in a traditionally secular society like China had there not been impressive economic achievements. The country had made a stunning recovery from famine, and the standard of living was improving dramatically. In Chengdu, although the rice was still rationed ,  there was plenty of meat and poultry, and vegetables. Winter melons, turnips and eggplants were piled up on the pavements outside of the shops because there was not enough space to store them.  They were left outside overnight and almost nobody took them; the shops were giving them away for a pittance. Eggs, once so precious, sat rotting in large baskets - there were too many of them. Only a few years earlier it had been hard to find a single peach - now peach eating was promoted as "patriotic" and officials went round to people's homes and tried  to persuade them to take peaches for next to nothing."

Now my friend .........

That is how serious I am about backing up my word .........

And for you I do it gladly .........  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 21:49:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-8-31 22:05
liuyedao Post time: 2012-8-31 21:38
There's hundreds of thousands Chinese in Beijing, Yunnan, Henan etc etc who cam back from overseas ...

If you are a Chinese, you would definitely know it was true. If you are not a Chinese, you can ask mainland Chinese.

Let me detail:
A young guy whose family members within 3 generations were in Hong Kong, Maucau, Taiwan, and foreign countries, his/her access to high school would definitely be vetoed.

All of families in China were classified into 3 groups - the Rich, the Middle, the Poor (defined by assets owned in KMT government before 1949's Communist government). If a young guy from the Rich group, his/her access to high school would definitely be vetoed too.

________
For example:
My family was in the Middle group. My dad's relative (a cousin of my dad's grandfather) who was forced to Taiwan by KMT was in the relationship of the 4th generations. At last, my dad went to high school. (My grandmother often said that my grandpa had a good fame and our family had a good relationship with Local party secretary that time.)

The relatives whose grandfather in Taiwan couldn't go to high school just because of that.

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 22:12:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by liuyedao at 2012-8-31 22:12
468259058 Post time: 2012-8-31 21:49
If you are a Chinese, you would definitely know it was true. If you are not a Chinese, you can ask ...

I am Chinese and I know you're lying.

Hundreds and maybe thousands Chinese born overseas overcome difficulties during the C.R., they are now live in Beijing, Henan etc etc. Many of them are college graduates.

Btw, they pay you well to act as a lowly provocator?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 22:14:47 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-8-31 20:31
hehe..I read a lot of such stories from novels and books. (Oh, nothing about such experiences wrot ...

THIS IS NOT FROM TEXT BOOK STORY.THIS IS FROM THE VICTIM HIMSELF NARRATED.I TOOK SEVERAL DAYS TO HEAR FULL EPISODE.

FOUR YEARS AGO I WROTE A STORY BASED ON HIS BITTER EXPERIENCES IN A BENGALI WEBSITE.

HE IS STILL ALIVE AND HE WAS GIVEN PRIORITY IN HIS PROFESSION BY POST 78 GOVERNMENT.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.