Views: 17826|Replies: 141

Practices in Culture Revolution   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 18:57:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-8-31 18:57

Most of the following are what I'd heard from people at age of 60s.

When I was a Child, if parents said sth, which disrepect Mao Zedong and local Party leaders, his children would definitely go to government and report to leaders. Now, I think how fool we were, but that time we were children.

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 19:03:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-8-31 19:04

When I was young, I often held a stick and stopped people. He/she could go and leave only if he/she could recite Mao Zedong's Red Book.

One day, I stopped one woman going to sell her pig in market. She couldn't recite. That time many people were illiterate. She could at last leave after my dad scared and beat me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 19:14:45 |Display all floors
When I was young, everyone was starving. One day several guys went to help carring sweet patotoes. Of course many of them stole and ate.

However, some of them died after they drank water. One would swell to death when water mixed too many sweet patotoes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 19:19:10 |Display all floors
That time, everybody was looking for food. We ate everything, grass, tree leaves, and peanut shells.

East of my hometown was a little rich. West of my hometown was a little poor, it said that there happened human beings ate human beings.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-31 19:39:11 |Display all floors
You are very brave to talk about those experiences and I assume 1965 -76 as you allude to the 'Red Book'  .........

As I understand it the CR affected mainly urban areas only as it was initially directed at the educated, and the countryside was left to produce food because of the memory of the GLF ............

What was remarkable was that China (AFAIK) had no KGB or Stazi like structures and as you implied the people became the instrument of suggested policy based on a kind of blind inner faith .........

A self-destructive meme operating at 'grass-roots' level  ..........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 19:43:37 |Display all floors
I would probably starve to death if I still stayed in my hometown. I was lucky that I got on a train to Northeast. That time the train service was free of charge. Now, I have 3 children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-31 19:45:58 |Display all floors
I travelled many places. That time, the train travel was free of Charge. You could go anywhere.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.