Author: 468259058

Is leader going to help the poor American? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-2 12:14:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 08:06:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-9-1 19:52
I wonder whether this thread causes Robber some unease ...

Hope so

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 16:26:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-9-3 16:39
seneca Post time: 2012-9-3 14:38
You have given us a pretty succinct presentation of things, thank you. Actually I am pretty famili ...

Nope,
the deal repatriates the full taxes on interests, which are taxed the same on both sides of the boarder,
AND IT ALSO gives german authorities the right to receive full account details to warranted and specific inquiries,
including to connected accounts and holders,
AND also to inquiries based on general requirements and factors.
That is something much more useful in terms of actually investigating specific crime than automatic money transactions information exchange that puts anyone under needless suspicion, and only covers transactions of natural persons and that only 3 months back.
Neither does that help the taxman much directly.
Former is something that if we asked any of our "lovely neighbours in the EU" to do that,
they'd just burst with laughter.
So really, aside from left extrimist rethorics that want to impose our own laws onto other nations,
the swiss are offering actually the much better deal.

Wenn man koa Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Schnauze halten.

Postscriptum: With some of what those extremists are saying in their rethorics against Switzerland,
I very much actually do see Causu Belli for the Swiss.
Aside from that, I just miss the old cozy self perception of before the crisis and a bit back,
that Germany was not such a big power actually.
I'd expect a swiss annexation to bring that back, and what I wouldn't expect would be many of the 85 million fighting the swiss.
Aside from that, waging a war would be far less uncommon for the swiss than in your perception of the swiss and the germans.
The last time Germany has started an Invasion goes back more than half a century into the last millenium.
As for Switzerland, they did several such in the meantime, the last having occured less than a decade ago.
So, they're in a much better training at this as well.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 17:02:42 |Display all floors
...You were being a tad too technical in depiciting "cultural differences". The whole thing has nothing to do with "freedom and democracy" - that is a rhetorical trick to exonerate the opportunistic Switzers. "Opportunistic" because they ruthlessly exploit or exploited (past tense, I think they are learning that there is no future in running counter to international trends any longer!) loopholes that develop when one banking system is more rigorous in tracking the flows of money than another is. The Switzers have for decades profited from the discrepancy between their lax legislation and the far stricter legislation in other countries. That is why the German-speaking Switzers resort to double-talk - "Steuerhinterziehung" versus "Steuerhintergehung" or something like that. For most decent folks both of these crimes are identical while the Switzer banks and their authorities recognise only one of the two as criminal.

Please not that the correct english term would be Switzerland for the country and "the Swiss" for the people. Additionally, the according adjective would be "Swiss".

Again, you're mixing up two things: the Swiss tax system and the Swiss privacy laws. As for the privacy laws, you still didn't explain why a government should have the right to know everything about its citizen.

The reason for the seperation between "tax avoidance" and "tax fraud" lays in the nature of the two crimes: whilst tax avoidance means simply not stating something in your tax declaration, tax fraud means stating something false, thus forging documents. Under Swiss law, there is still a difference between these two crimes, but Swiss courts are now allowed to help foreign governments investigating tax avoidance, too. So this issue has been solved for good - there's just the issue about privacy left to solve.

What works me up even now is that the Swizter banks have not stopped helping German tax refugees cheat German municipalities out of their tax dues. They have found other ways to continue cheating while the two national governments were trying to work out a deal whereby the Switzer central government would repatriate some of the interest rate due to German tax refugees.

If Swiss laws allow German nationals to avoid taxes, why do Swiss nationals still pay theirs? Keep in mind that the mere fact that banks don't deliver all data to authorities doesn't actually help much when you're trying to avoid taxes. Imagine you earn 100.000 Euro and don't want to pay taxes. Then you pay this money on a Swiss bank account and don't pay your taxes. But the government will still see that your company paid you this amount and you still have to state that income in your tax declaration, so it doesn't actually help much if you move your money on a Swiss account...

My good friend Andrew in Zuerich - the guy with the ever-ready flamethrower - was quite blunt: "How could we ensure our good life if we didn't have foreign dictators' money parked in our banks?"  

As stated before already, dictators keep most of their assets in the USA, as Swiss banks are forced to immediately block dictator's account as soon as they are sued in their respective countries.
Moreover, all foreign assets combined on Swiss banks account for "only" one third of those Bank's assets - the remaining two thirds are Swiss. In total, the profits generated from thos assets for the banks account for only 0,78 percent of the Swiss GDP and therefore explain a rather small share of Switzerland's wealth...
I, for instance, would survive easily if my income shrank by 1 percent. So I can't share your friend's notion here...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-3 17:25:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-9-3 17:03
Sorry, your girlfriend "Causabelli" doesn't exist. You mean "casus belli"?

My two cun ts on what ...

oh, poor one, seneca.

it's not about paying the full interest to the tax authorities of the residence country of the account holder.
That would be theft.
The tax fraud supposedly occurs when there is income happening by interests on savings stored on an account,
and when that income is not taxed in the residence country of the account holder.
Taxes on Incomes earned from Interest are the same both in Germany and in Switzerland.
And under the Agreement, that tax would be passed on to the german tax-men,
there is no else POTENTIAL tax fraud than this on the table with overseas accounts,
and all that tax income would thus be repatriated from swiss tax men coffers to german ones.
And there is nothing more than the other tax man is entitled to.
Anyone can store his assets wherever he renderds preferable.

As long as the Income from those assets are correctly taxed there is no wrong in that.
And the agreement would automatically forward taxes on interests to germany.
And as the same tax on that is applied on both sides of the boarder,
without any loss for the tax-man.

Got it?
And for the rest, what I stated above.
Switzerland is offering more useful cooperation for specific investigations than anything and anyone else does.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.