Author: liuyedao

India blames China for power blackout [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-29 00:42:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by manoj10 at 2012-8-28 21:42

Article 2 :

Straits Times: India worries over reports of China dams in Tibet
This article is published in 2009.

NEW DELHI: The Indian government, in the face of widespread media reports hereabout Chinese plans to build dams along the Yarlung Zangbo river in Tibet, hassaid that this could have 'significant impact' on the people living downstreamnear the Brahmaputra.

The 2,906km-long Yarlung Zangbo and the Brahmaputra are one and the same river,with its first stretch of 1,625km flowing through Tibet, the next 918km inIndia and the remaining 363km through Bangladesh before it discharges into theBay of Bengal.

I do not have time to post the full article. If anyone could get hold of it can understand it just gives some assumptions and predictions. I find there is nothing in it. Same as article 1 above.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 00:49:00 |Display all floors
Our Original Debate :

LGK : The Brahmaputra will have no water and the Brahmaputrans will miss their fish curry. Worse still, the Indians will have to buy electricity from China.

OK, Hoo Chin Tao, can we have electricity now?

Sure, but we expect the rest of the Tandoori Dalai.

Manoj 10 : You cannot dam the mighty Brahmaputra river just because of its sheer attitude from the glaciers. Nor you could change course for such a river considering the regional geography. Nor do we have any major power projects on the Brahmaputra river. Only one of our 27 states depend on Brahmaputra river for irrigation. Most of our hydro power projects are on the Northern rivers and not on Brahmaputra river due to objections from Bangladesh for whom Brahmaputra is a lifeline. any halt in flow of Brahmaputra would directly affect the lives of 175 million people of Bangladesh which China would never do and Bangladesh might go to UN and OIC to make China feel bitter.

LGK : Well. that was what Western pundits wrote years back. I happened to do a read up on it.

India showed concern that China would stop the flow of water from glaciers by changing it s course in Tibet.

What you said was just nationalistic bluster.

Sadly Western pundits that LGK pointed turned out to be Indian nationalist as well as his renowned sources , Hemant and P.Jayaram. {:soso_e113:}

Both the renowned articles that Mr.LGK gave showed the assumptions of dams which were not true. Terrain nor the political will would make such a thing impossible. LGK had showed me no point where he said that we depend on Brahmaputra for livelihood and I repeat again there is no major power production from Brahmaputra river.  So far LGK had been throwing insults at me non stop

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 00:57:42 |Display all floors
About Racial Insults to Voice CD :

I had put up with LGK's racial insults in every post of his in a debate. Nor he is debating with me with any decency. I had never called him chin1k or Yellow monkley and I have no idea of doing it. But I could tolerate no more if he keeps on abusing me in a debate where he could put up with no decency. For him winning a debate is the one who shouts more insults which is certainly not my definition of a debate. For this years since I am in BBS. I had been a significant contributor of artciles and thoughts to BBS. BUt if he keeps on throwing racial insults I will not have the heart to log in to my BBS account anymore. I hope you take this in to your mind and maintain the decency in a debate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 07:45:17 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-8-29 00:57
About Racial Insults to Voice CD :

I had put up with LGK's racial insults in every post of his in a ...

Please report to us if  you found anything that is voliating forum rules, we will deal with them seriously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 09:07:20 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-8-29 04:45
Please report to us if  you found anything that is voliating forum rules, we will deal with them s ...

Three to four posts of mine is in filter still. Can you let is pass the filter ? They are just usual posts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:08:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 12:16:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.