Views: 6540|Replies: 37

India blames China for power blackout [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-24 19:00:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by liuyedao at 2012-8-24 19:00

http://news.oneindia.in/2012/08/22/china-s-hand-in-india-s-power-blackout-1057676.html

China's hand in India's power blackout?

Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 14:37 [IST]

New Delhi, Aug 22: With India having to deal with a power crisis that has only catapulted to great heights due to the power outage that affected many parts of North and East India after the grid failure, recent reports have emerged that there might be a Chinese hand in the frequent power outage hitting the country.

Media channels have reported that China is gearing up for a cyber attack against India with the help of computer hardware and spare parts as per intelligence inputs. They fear that a particular extractor tool used in the production of electricity that was imported from China is suspicious. Two companies involved in the import of this tool are presently under the scanner. The agencies also believe that China will be an expert in such stealth attacks by 2017.

The situation is most likely to hamper India's growth prospects in the future. Scheming for an electricity crisis, the move could stall India's growth plans and put the economy on a back foot.

Following the release of such a report by intelligence agencies, questions are being raised on the recent power outage that saw blackouts in most parts of the country and the role of Chinese role in the same. The recent Northern grid failure on Jul 30 saw blackouts in states like Delhi, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

The power crisis was attributed to certain states more electricity than required from the central pool triggering a crisis, but with the recent report the investigating officials are looking into the new angle that has emerged.

OneIndia News

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 20:38:03 |Display all floors
India's intelligence agencies...

They need to clean their head from anti-China paranoia before being eligible to lead such important institution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 21:14:43 |Display all floors
Pity the nation that employs technically ignorant politicians to investigate a technical problem. No wonder that country is in such a mess today. These stupid politicians will say anything but admit that its their crony capitalism and corruption that have combined to brew their now famous Coalgate scandal that have resulted in a severe coal shortage in India and hence the power shortage and nation-wide blackout.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-24 21:21:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-25 11:54:07 |Display all floors
That is why reputations are very important for long term sucess.

So, what has China done to protectits reputation?

Especially about the part on Chinese parts and Chinese equipment causing the black out?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-25 12:22:07 |Display all floors
I think the author who wrote this article is foolish and stupid. Nothing will improve if they blame others on their own shortcomings. China and India had kept their words for the last 50 years or so. And I don't think a single foolish article from an author is gonna change that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-25 12:31:02 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-8-24 18:21
The Pinoys must have sent them abundance of balut.

These Hindus cannot think straight.

Haha......How smart you are

You cannot dam the mighty Brahmaputra river just because of its sheer attitude from the glaciers. Nor you could change course for such a river considering the regional geography. Nor do we have any major power projects on the Brahmaputra river. Only one of our 27 states depend on Brahmaputra river for irrigation. Most of our hydro power projects are on the Northern rivers and not on Brahmaputra river due to objections from Bangladesh for whom Brahmaputra is a lifeline. any halt in flow of Brahmaputra would directly affect the lives of 175 million people of Bangladesh which China would never do and Bangladesh might go to UN and OIC to make China feel bitter.

Now you are not a smart dude, why not stop giving foolish statements as if you are an expert on all issues.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.