Views: 1205|Replies: 3

another excuse for energy-waste? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-14 09:53:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lionstar at 2012-8-14 09:58

have been to a store, in each corner a air-conditioner, set-point 18 degree (!), and the 2-wing-glass-doors wide open; asked store-manager if this isn´t waste of energy; his answer: "if we close the doors people could think we are closed and walkers-by can´t see our items."
So, i was speechless........

some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-14 12:46:49 |Display all floors
it is better to show the fee of electricity to him{:soso_e112:}
gogogo ,tell out the world
you are in progress

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-14 13:05:31 |Display all floors
another example: every day i see 2 police-cars parking in front of restaurant nearby my apartment, by using second key they keep the engine running to keep the AC on during their time in the restaurant.
That´s the way how police show the citizens how to protect environment and save public money, haha
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-15 22:03:51 |Display all floors
you can't force people to save energy - you have to give them incentives. Energy costs money - and if people are willing to pay the price, let them have it.

China should rather introduce a CO2-tax; then, electricity production from coal plants would be more expensive and so would gaz. The store owner would look for an alternative solution (e.g. automatic doors) and the police department might set up incentives to save gaz. But at the current energy price, one doesn't really feel any urge to save electricity...

However, households in China are using rather few energy, compared to households in other countries - the real electricity wasters are the huge production and raw material processing plants.

Anyway, if I were to regulate China, I'd first take care that there are less micro particles in the air, so people live a healthier life - and only when this is achieved, I'd try to improve CO2 efficiency.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.