Author: voice_cd

Lend A helping hand to those in need   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-24 17:05:02 |Display all floors
be kind-hearted, then you are the most beautiful person

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-8-25 01:31:21 |Display all floors
I will tell you a story about giving help to an unknown person ,not that it was something important but it was strange ,my reacti0n was strange  as well and the whole event was strange too.
This is the story  which happened one month before my sister's death.
It was sunday evening ,I had just finished my chinese lessons in athens ,it was winter.I had lessons in confucious insitute at that time.
It was 6 o'clock .When the lessons was over I decided not to take a taxi to come back home immediately but took a bus planning to go to a coffee shop in the center of athens ,drink a cup of coffee and study the chinese lesson for a couple of hours.
I was sitting on the bus and on the next stop one lady around fifty got on the bus and got seated in the seat just in front of me.Her mobile started ringing.She answered and she started talking in a low voice.It happened to take a look in front unintentionally  and I heard her dialogue with  a man on the phone.I realised that she had a relative in the hospital who she used to visit every day.
They were talking for a few minutes and then the lady asked the guy if he had twenty euros to lend her.Probably the man said no and the woman answered in a low voice ,oh my God how can I buy some meat for the kids to eat tomorrow.
After a while the conversation finished.I had my ear on the conversation since she was sitting in front of me and although she was whispering I heard everything.
I thought my goodness are there people who do not have twenty euros in our days?It was before the crisis .
Then my stop was near.I did not know what to do.Looked at my wallet.I had seventy euros.One of fifty and one of twenty.
I thought if I give her fifty ,she is an uknown person ,I also needed it for the coffee and the taxi coming back home.
The stop was very close.I hesitated to offer her money.It could  be offensive.She was not a beggar.
So I did something else.When the bus door opened ,the time I was getting off the bus steps I hurriedly took out twenty euros  from my bag and left it in the woman's hand.Then I hurriedly got off the bus and ran away.
The only thing I remember is that the woman was looking outside the window and when she felt the money in her hand she turned her head and looked at me but I had already got off the bus.
The bus left ,I do not know what happened after that.She stayed in the bus.
My satisfaction was so great.SOMEBODY RECEIVED MONEY FROM NOWHERE.
One month later ,my sister was in danger and we needed thousands of euros for the private emergency hospital.My cousin called me and said she wanted to help us and share the cost of the hospital.It was such a great relief for me.It was about thousands of euros.
This is what God does when we help others.He gives it back at the right moment.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-25 08:01:08 |Display all floors
{:soso_e130:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-25 15:12:00 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2012-8-18 19:38
Do all the good you can
By all the means you can
In all the ways you can

everything ready, only Act on the way
gogogo ,tell out the world
you are in progress

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-8-26 16:34:53 |Display all floors
titer1 Post time: 2012-8-25 15:12
everything ready, only Act on the way

I do !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.