Author: cd_moderator

A foreigner rebukes Chinese standers-by indifference   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-8-13 12:45:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-8-12 20:48

Great performance!!!  I see he's sitting up after the shows over.
My wife tells me not to give any of the bums money while we're in China because they will
take note and soon they'll be all over you. I wonder if this woman is a Christian visiting China
to try and spread her evil religion. This would be a photo op and news story to die for if
that was the case.
By the way, didn't she know that moving the man's head if he were truly injured could have killed him?
Putting the cushion under his head as a nice touch for this story but totally stupid if she knew what she was doing
and really wanted to help this old man.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-13 12:57:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-8-12 20:59
vorgal78 Post time: 2012-8-12 20:35
Evidence please, not accusations.

Here's your evidence. This stuff happens all the time in the west.
Homeless Elderly in the USA.pdf (164 KB, Downloads: 23)

According to a 2005 American Community Survey by the United States Census Bureau, 9.9 %
of the nation’s citizens 65 and older live below the poverty line. Among this growing population
of older adults living in poverty are people forced to grow old in the streets and in shelters,
elderly persons who have recently become homeless or who remain at constant risk of losing
housing. The number of elderly adults who have become homeless has increased around the
county. An example of this increase has occurred in Massachusetts, where from 1999 to 2002,
the number of people over 55 using shelters increased by 60% (HEARTH, 2007).

Once on the street, elderly homeless persons often find difficulty getting around. They distrust
the crowds at shelters and clinics, and so become more likely to sleep on the street. Studies show
that elderly homeless persons are more prone to victimization and more likely to be ignored by
law enforcement.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-8-13 13:05:02 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-8-13 12:45
Great performance!!!  I see he's sitting up after the shows over.
My wife tells me not to give any o ...

I am not a christian but what I render towards Chinese old people in the street spread religious evil spirit??

I often help older to cross the road by catching their hand while hundred local besides him/her wont even had a look.

In my own case nobody comes to help me early dark morning skided bicycle on ice left their dirty water last night by nearby restaurent people.My right arm brocken and no appeal work to the temp restaurent to keep my bike.I take it on left hand and walk from Railway station-changanjie crossing to wangfujing on foot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-13 13:05:23 |Display all floors
yeahright Post time: 2012-8-13 10:51
The Chinese didnt help because there was no chance of making money!!!!

point!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-13 13:09:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-8-12 21:09
aziz Post time: 2012-8-12 21:05
I am not a christian but what I render towards Chinese old people in the street spread religious e ...

I said "I wonder", not that she definitely was. This is a common tactic used to spread religion.
The huckster will stage a drama to try and trick people into thinking religion is a good thing.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-8-13 13:13:56 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-8-13 13:09
I said "I wonder", not that she definitely was. This is a common tactic used to spread religion.
Th ...

Still I cannot agreed with your opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-13 13:21:18 |Display all floors
The reporter, Cheng Zhu, posted an apology on his Sina microblog (http://weibo.com/runsalvarun) and blog (http://blog.jaeer.com/cwb-htm-aid-567453.html) the next day and admitted that he did not tell the complete true story of the incident. He said actually almost all Chinese standers-by were trying to phone 120 and 110 to get help and it took much shorter time for the ambulance to arrive, instead of half an hour.

Btw, believe me, if a foreigner dares to say "F*ck you Chinese" in front of my face, I will tear her face up with my claws.     {:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.