Author: Magicjoe

Are Chinese girlfriends so hard to please?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-9 15:03:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jenny0904 at 2012-8-9 15:03
china.pm Post time: 2012-8-9 08:27
Not all Chinese girls are like that, if I can say, I feel that only some girls will do that. In fact ...

agree. "remembering the important day" is not so important for me, love each other is important. "gifts" can be a sign of love someone, while asking too many gifts is abnormal.
三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 15:04:36 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-8-8 23:43
Dump her.  All she wants from you is money.

maybe. money worship girl?
三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 15:13:17 |Display all floors
amuyaima Post time: 2012-8-9 08:55
I think Chinese girls smiall small things to remember. They like it. It makes them happy, sometimes  ...

that's true. they value these small things rather than the "big thing", to think carefully if this guy really love her or not, or just play with her?
i know there are some chinese girls are overflowing with vanity. For them, having a foreight BF meets their vanity heart.
anyway, to earn a real and very match up (personality) relationship is not easy. once you have, cherish it.
三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 15:57:34 |Display all floors
It's understandable that a girl demand you to remember those days , because she cares about you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 16:00:21 |Display all floors
Jenny0904 Post time: 2012-8-9 15:13
that's true. they value these small things rather than the "big thing", to think carefully if this ...

Maybe she just want to play with me

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-8-9 16:12:48 |Display all floors
First of all, do I have to remember so many birthdays? like hers of course, her mother's and father's. Sometimes I forget my parents' birthdays too.

Yes you do have to remember all of the birthdays down to about 4th cousin level. Have you met her parents?  If you have then it's a good chance you are being viewed as husband material and in Chinese culture when you marry a woman you marry her entire family. It is VERY different from the West. If you don't like that idea then do not marry or date Chinese women who are far more traditional than most western women.

As for the gift giving, I think it's a bit mercenary but that's life and each anniversary you will have to pay up. On the plus side the gifts don't have to be large, just from the heart and show some thought and devotion on your behalf, slapping down a bunch of wilted flowers just isn't going to cut it, but a nice box of chocolates will, or something a bit unusual will really do the trick.

If you do find it all too much to cope with then maybe Chinese women aren't the right ones for you.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 17:01:55 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-8-9 16:12
Yes you do have to remember all of the birthdays down to about 4th cousin level. Have you met her  ...

wow you know so much about Chinese culture . That's so true

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.