Author: Truth_update

UK bank Standard Chartered tells Uncle Sam watchdog to 'get lost'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-8 15:54:33 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-8-8 15:39
Thanks for this slimy piece of information Geoff!
How is Ripon (2 ns) btw?

The pleasure is mine, Mr. Kbay.

Ripon is a lovely invention indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 17:17:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2012-8-8 18:30
Kbay Post time: 2012-8-8 15:48
Chinese companies don't!
The reason is simple....China don't take orders from the USA.
Unfortunatl ...

Iran is one of China's biggest trading partners and oil suppliers-you dont sh!t on people you do a lot of business with-however the US and EU together are bigger.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 17:37:21 |Display all floors
China to use gold for purchase of Iranian oil, avoiding U.S. financial sanctions  Economic Desk

On Line: 25 April 2012 13:46
In Print: Thursday 26 April 2012

Font Size  
As countries around the world and the banks that operate within them attempt to avoid American financial sanctions against Iran – which blocks access to doing business in the United States for any entity that buys Iranian oil- Forbes reports that China will look to buy the Iranian product using gold to circumvent Washington’s policy.
China is Iran’s largest trading partner and buys more petroleum from Iran than any other country. Already, China and India are bartering with Iran, using consumer goods, and in the case of India, the rupee, to pay for Iranian oil imports.

Iran has already said it will accept gold as payment for its oil in an attempt to prevent countries from stopping their purchases of Iranian petroleum altogether.

As countries like India, Turkey, and China try to avoid American and European Union  sanctions on Iranian oil by looking to other sources, U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geinther spoke over the weekend about global supplies.

(Source: algemeiner)

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 18:32:19 |Display all floors
plumpgeoff Post time: 2012-8-8 15:54
The pleasure is mine, Mr. Kbay.

Ripon is a lovely invention indeed.

Get the nurse to change your nappy you jibbering idiot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 19:28:32 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-8-8 15:29
"good to see team GB can get gold medals..........."

On their bikes....

Grasping at straws again K-ry Baby?

In an earlier post you were cackling about how pathetic the medal tally was, we're now third behind the US and now you are now trying to worm your way out hey?

Personally I find your constant digs at the UK pathetic and a little desperate. If it was Chinese bikes that won  medals maybe Chinese riders should have been on the podium.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 19:32:16 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-8-8 15:36
Why are the Yanks attacking British companies?
Ah my friends, it all down to real politik!

Like I've said before, the UK and US are in as much competition with each other as they are with China.

Curious that the US are leveling their attacks against British banks but ignoring the same issues with their own (they cited 15 other US banks when they started to attack Barclays for example - but oddly little flack seems to be directed at the other 15).

They just cant abide the fact they are not fully in control of the banking & finance industry any more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-12 16:43:35 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-8-8 19:28
Grasping at straws again K-ry Baby?

In an earlier post you were cackling about how pathetic the m ...

Yes, you must be very proud how openly your little Brits cheat with their heads kept high!
Here is a post I score on another thread.

Shame they had to steal a bronze medal for the little crying poof Tom Daly in the 10m diving!

Ist. diving.....pathetic score of 75
"Not fair ref, someone did a flasher on me", cried the little Tom basket!

"Alwright then boy, this is London and you are an Anglo, so have a second dive by all means", replied the big trucker IOC ref.
Tom did, and score a reasonable 85.
"Was that a high enough score Tommy, do you want another go?", asked the nice IOC trucker with his pockets bulging of the pound notes.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.