Author: Truth_update

UK bank Standard Chartered tells Uncle Sam watchdog to 'get lost'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-7 15:20:18 |Display all floors
If Standard Chartered's dealings with Iran where through it's US banks, then they should follow US law, but Standard Chartered has banks all over the world, so if it's dealings where through a differnt branch in a different country, then the Americans should keep their nose out of  Standard Chartered business.
Americans telling the rest of the world how to do business is a joke... the US should sort out it's own problems first!
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 15:50:46 |Display all floors
Oh dehli me, this is velly, velly bad news for Bombay plumbers!
What will happen to my Bombay Standard Chartered Bank savings? Will they be abducted by the internatinal law enforcing CIA policemen?
I am so so wurried!
I think I no touching hot curry with my mouth this evening....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 16:01:38 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-8-7 14:43
"Who are you fu^king [Americans] to tell us, the rest of the world, that we're not going to deal wit ...

.....but SCB share not so nice in Hong Kong!
Down 17.5%
I thinks the stock will down more another 20% after today closing, ex-dividend!

Happy landing you Englishmen.
The big Americans are coming after your arses!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 16:35:10 |Display all floors
The demise of SCB will hurt the little dictatorial island of Singapore most!
Will Lee Kua yew be bringing out his old pistol to Obama's d1ckhead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 16:49:19 |Display all floors
Truth_update Post time: 2012-8-7 05:44
I'm getting the notion that the Yanks are out to destroy the UK financial system!

The BP Gulf leak was the cause of the Yankee ires....more than the Subprime instigating ploy of HSBC.
The Americans are now seeking revenge in the full throttle.

I think HSBC will be the Yank's main focus.
This UK Anglo will be ruined eventually, possibly get swollow up by the Bank of America!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 17:15:08 |Display all floors
Bombay_plumber Post time: 2012-8-7 16:01
.....but SCB share not so nice in Hong Kong!
Down 17.5%
I thinks the stock will down more anot ...

In a statement released Monday night, Standard Chartered Bank said it "strongly rejects" and "contests" the New York regulators' portrayal of its transactions with Iranian banks. It said it voluntarily began reviewing the transactions since 2010 with U.S. regulators and the findings don't match the accusations leveled at the bank Monday.

Its all a hoax, some bent Traders want to pick up some cheap shares.

Corrupt, stinking Yank Banks.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 08:22:45 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-8-8 07:39
No hoax George!
Standard Charter will lose their US license to trade, which will equate to 45% LOS ...

And why should opium bank take orders from the Yankees?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.