Views: 4510|Replies: 5

Help with practical English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-5 12:23:04 |Display all floors
Hello, I am an Australian English teacher, both ESL and English Literature. I am writing here because if you need help with your English and want to ask me a question I am usually happy to help you. Naturally, I won't answer you in Chinese as that would defeat the purpose of trying to help you improve and as you are likely to know, some concepts do not translate well in any case.

If you are interested, post a question and I will try to answer it or give advice as soon as possible.

regards

Vorgal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 14:55:29 |Display all floors
No one needs any help?
I have taught at well known Universities and my students almost always do well!

And it is free help

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 15:47:02 |Display all floors
Hello, nice to come here see your ad.

I need some partner to practive my oral, so do you have the interests in that. If you're fine, we can add msn or QQ as friend to chat at any time.

Looking forward to you.

BR
Gogo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 19:33:45 |Display all floors
gogo_y Post time: 2012-8-7 15:47
Hello, nice to come here see your ad.

I need some partner to practive my oral, so do you have the  ...

I have MSN but I am reluctant to give out my address to the wider public for security reasons. While it is something that many students worry about tremendously it is often not the pronunciation that is a big problem, it is a lack of confidence.

The most helpful advice I can give when learning to speak is to speak slowly and for Chinese (Mandarin) speakers, focus on the pronunciation of "th" "V" and hard consonant sounds like "K".

Singing is actually really good for it because it forces you to open your mouth which is a big problem for many Chinese speakers. Singing loudly helps more! It's true!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 19:35:17 |Display all floors
Also, remember that when you first start speaking to a foreigner it is not always your spoken English that needs work, it is their listening skills. Be patient with them and yourself, smile lots and make eye contact (If they are English, Australian or American anyway) and most will enjoy talking to you more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-13 15:17:19 |Display all floors
thank you for the advice above, maybe I could start learn the song in English.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.