Author: desperado123

Would it possible to ban gun in US?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-27 16:53:54 |Display all floors
Guns are the original, all-American method of population control.   It's either that or no more sex for the yanks!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-7-27 17:02:22 |Display all floors
Obama talk guns after massacre

US President Barack Obama has called for tougher background checks on Americans trying to buy a gun as he and Republican challenger Mitt Romney engaged in their most extensive discussions on the gun control issue since last week's massacre in a Colorado theater.
Their pointed comments revived a debate - if briefly - that has faded to the background in national politics and been virtually non-existent in this year's close presidential race.
Mr Romney said in a television interview that changing the nation's laws would not prevent gun-related tragedies. He mistakenly said many weapons used by the shooting suspect were obtained illegally. Authorities say the firearms used to kill 12 people and injure dozens were purchased legally.
In his speech to the National Urban League civil rights group, Mr Obama said he wanted a national consensus in the effort to stem gun violence.
Despite the Second Amendment's protection of gun rights, Mr Obama said, "I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that an AK-47 belongs in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals - that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities."
Gun control is a hotly partisan issue in the US. The powerful National Rifle Association, which fights gun control and has huge sway in Congress, has successfully made the issue nearly off limits among most legislators who fear the group's opposition at re-election time.
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence challenged both Mr Obama and Mr Romney today to lead a search for solutions to gun violence.
The group's president, Dan Gross, said it's shameful for leaders to play politics with the issue when lives could be saved.
The White House has faced fresh questions since the shootings about whether Obama, a strong supporter of gun control while a senator from Illinois, would make an election-year push for stricter measures.
Mr Obama acknowledged a national pattern of failing to follow through on calls for tougher gun restrictions after violent crimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 17:29:49 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-7-26 17:29
i don't know Chechen, all i know in Europe arms are not allowed and i wish it stay so.

i don't wa ...

You cannot stop little boys playing with guns Smithi. To them anything is a weapon, a piece of toast partly eaten in the right places becomes something to shoot with. A broom becomes a horse and a stick from the garden is a sword.

Most of them soon grow out of it, once they realize what guns really do.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 17:38:25 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-27 16:08
Banning guns in the US is like telling Chinese not to use chopsticks

There are other countries with guns JD like Switzerland for example. It is just that the Europeans seem to be a bit more civilized than the Americans........maybe in a few hundred years the Americans will catch-up.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 19:54:59 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-7-27 16:35
Yeah, but we don't sholve our chopsticks up our arse, like you Yanks do with your gun barrels.
Ooc ...

Actually we put them in the mouth of ppl like you then pull the trigger.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-28 03:47:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-7-28 03:47
Chechen Post time: 2012-7-26 17:54
Don't go to Switzerland you wont like it there.

Switzerland is not Europe , it is like Cayman island in a sense.

It is place for money laundering and Mafia of upper class.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-28 03:50:50 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-7-28 03:47
Switzerland is not Europe , it is like Cayman island in a sense.

It is place for money laundering ...

Switzerland is central Europe. And you see who they trust to defend the place.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.