Views: 2320|Replies: 9

Should nonbelievers hold weddings in churches? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-23 09:56:20 |Display all floors

Several couples attend a Western group wedding in the Weiting Auditorium in Huai'an, Jiangsu province, in June. Yang Duoduo / for China Daily

There is an interesting phenomena in China : More and more young people would like to have their weddings in churches.

China Daily reports that in Sichuan province, Xie Hongxia, a Catholic wedding planner for Chengdu diocese, estimated that about 90 percent of the 70 or so weddings held annually at the city’s cathedral are for non-Christian couples.

Maybe they've tired of the traditional rituals and customs of Chinese weddings.  At a Chinese wedding, people chat, walk around and make jokes about the newlyweds, but in church people have to watch their behaviors and avoid embarrassing themselves.

But is it weird to say "Amen" while you don't believe it?

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-23 10:25:53 |Display all floors
The most interesting things is a nonbeliever finally gone to the believers shelter for marriage purpose.

Never mind where they conduct the life partnership but they do.Not that they dont believe in marriage system.Bcs GOD is unmarried

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-7-23 10:52:03 |Display all floors
Kids just want to do something different while the jackals that run the church are drooling at the
prospect of new victims.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 11:02:40 |Display all floors
Cchurches in China will end up being like the old castles in south Europe (Spain, Portugal and France), where people rent the place for the weddings and the owners have a way to finance the expenses to keep the buildings!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-23 11:11:38 |Display all floors
robert, good point!

but still in China church is more into religion then politic and business, and I find it good (in my home country this is much different)

btw. I'm not-believer, and if I'll choose "way of wedding" - it will be more "blessing" that "religious ceremony" (if proceeded by any monk, priest ore somebody)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-23 11:23:25 |Display all floors
Do nonbelievers hold weddings in churches in your country?
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-23 12:47:35 |Display all floors
formally? only if one of the parts is a believer

as a custom? most people in my country declares as a believers (so they hold wedding there) but very few are real believers

Btw. in my home country (Poland) only first part of wedding is performed in church (or "wedding office", or first church then office), the second part (wedding party) is always in separate place, and can last many days, with the rivers of vodka or be just a "wedding dinner" for a close family and special guests

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.