Author: wchao37

Affirmative -- after thirty, beauty is in the eye of the beholder [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-21 10:50:24 |Display all floors

Take it to Limit

Take it to Limit -- Eagles

All alone
At the end of the evening,
And the bright lights, have faded to blue.
I was thinkin'
'Bout a woman who might've loved me;
I never knew.

You know, I've always been a dreamer;
Spent my life running round.
And it's so hard to change,
Can't seem to settle down.
But the dreams I've seen lately,
Keep turnin' out
And burnin' out
And turnin' out, the same.

So put me on a highway,
Show me a sign!
An' take it
To the limit
One more time.

You can spend all your time
Making money,
You can spend all your love
Making time.
If it all fell to pieces tomorrow,
Would you still be mine?

And when you're lookin' for your freedom,
Nobody seems to care.
And you can't find the door,
Can't find it anywhere.
When there's nothing to believe in,
You're still comin' back,
You're running back,
You're coming back, for more.

So put me on a highway,
Show me a sign,
And take it
To the limit
One more time.

Take it to the limit,
Take it to the limit,
Take it to the limit,
One more time. -- (x6, with fade out)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-21 10:57:21 |Display all floors

I guess

You two have gone far far far away from the real issue.

The issue is about beauty,will womenstill  look good in the eyes of men after 30?

Mr Jackstraw,you are a very sentimental person to begin with.

I wondered what's the piont of you two guys taking comfort of each other by posting poems and lyrics again and again.Lol.

Use magic tools Report

shanjuan has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-21 11:06:54 |Display all floors

I wandered lonely as a cloud

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-21 14:50:57 |Display all floors

Are u in love, echo?

Sounds like u know these poems real well.

Everybody loves somebody sometime....

Use magic tools Report

shanjuan has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-21 15:05:26 |Display all floors

Only time can attest to love, I think...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-21 19:15:36 |Display all floors

reply to brit_chris

Hi brit_chris:

Well, the direction of this thread has a life of its own, right? So you want to take it back to an original post idea?

Well, what do you have to say about it?

Maybe I am not old enough to tell you the answer, except to say, that when my Dad looked at my Mom, he saw a friend, a partner, a pal, a trusted comrade-in-arms, he saw someone with feelings and emotions and desires, all of which he wanted to come true.

Without my glasses, up close, I only see a moving blur; but when I was young, I saw every pore, pimple and crevice.

Perhaps, when you are young, your biological drive may move you one way, when you are me, your drive moves you in another way, long since past lust -- I can make love all day and all night, but it is merely playful great fun, right? So what fulfills you?

I have already completed my basic biological function: I have successfully raised a viable next generation.

I do not need a prostitute, I do not need to sample every form of candy in the store, I do not need a race-car, I do not need, nor do I particularly care for a lot of such meaningless things.

For many things of this world, I have already had the great privelage and opportunity, so that I feel I have 'already been there, and done that'.

Perhaps, I do want to be understood and appreciated and have someone guard my deepest secrets with the same regard and trust in which I would secret theirs. Maybe, someday you will also learn that love is not skin deep, infatuation and lust are.

Is there something wrong with being sentimental? Is it more human then, just to be lustful?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-21 21:21:33 |Display all floors

No,

Nothing is wrong with being sentimental.

The truth is guys are like masculine and strong in the eyes of girls.

So It's hard to percieve a guy as being sentimental.

But you know it's not bad to show off your feelings, to joy what your loved one joys and to cry when she feels like crying.

Please dont talk holy.Why dont you just admit to the fact that to be lustful makes people be more human.It's true.And I think the saying that "love makes the world go around "should be changed into "sex makes the wold go around."

Mr. Jackstraw.I appreciate your frankness,really.There is few people in the world  who can be so straightforward to let his personal feelings flow in front of strangers.You are not as pretentious as Wchao37,nor as stiff as Lau Guan Kim and definitely not as hateful as Seneca.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.