Author: dreads

British Impression of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-10 17:16:23 |Display all floors
In china we can obtain much information of England from our tv.It reports england justly.But can you get information from your country's TV?BBC? it can report china justly?I don't think so.The best example is the violence affair in Tibet on 14TH March.
Please remeber and tell your friend,tibet belongs to china,belong to all of chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 11:50:58 |Display all floors

I found myself in China

Hello everyone,

I'm a Chinese person that has lived in England all my life. I've just came back from a trip to Guang Zhou where I felt at home for the first time in my life. I am what many people call a banana (yellow skin but white on the inside). I had a eastern up-brining at home with traditional family values and respect for my elders drilled in to me from a young age. This was some what contradicted by a western education where I was influenced less by the teachers and more from peer pressure. These two extremes have always troubled me in the pass, to the point I no longer know who or what I am.

After the visit to China; I am glad to say I have found myself again. The richness of the culture has inspired me. I will start learning Mandarin soon because I think it will be the most important language in the future and I do see my future in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-20 12:51:59 |Display all floors
hehe,yes.i wonder why there r still many people consider china as a poor country......
i had a friend once study abroad in german.he's a top student,and the germen teachers all like him very much.and when he's leaving to china,his teachers ask him to stay,and say:"why go back?!ur home is poor,stay here!can u get such a good life in china?do u have tv?do u have computer?"it is true,i didn't make this story........my friend answered yes,i had two in my house.....and they just don't believe it.....
it is really bad that people judge something just by their impression without experience......
and when my uncle took a business trip abroad,a guy even asked him"CHINESE?i heard chinese people eat cats?!is it true?!".........i'm speechless......come on!we love kittens and doggys......sigh.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-21 00:37:13 |Display all floors

UK just as historic as decades ago...

but that is how you folks like it like that...old and relic like the city, HUE in vietnam  

*older folks have alot to learn & catching up with others...their mentality is TOTALLY quite different than the younger generation, 'cause they're hardly or seldomly interact with people on a daily basic, BUT for you & I...we rock 'til we couldnt roll anymore  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-21 09:53:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreads at 2003-9-26 14:29
When I came to China I had read many books to guide me whilst I was here. I was surprised though when some of my friends asked me not to go.

Many people in Britain, especially older people, see  ...

It is their faults but yr, western, media....u'd better goto that country and talk that country people if u would had really known it.....

& u can go north forward from GuangZhou...and more surprise u will find....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.