Author: dreads

British Impression of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-25 14:55:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreads at 2003-9-26 14:29
When I came to China I had read many books to guide me whilst I was here. I was surprised though when some of my friends asked me not to go.

Many people in Britain, especially older people, see  ...

I believe you wish to say that you read those books on China before you visited China.

Anyway, you are not alone! Singaporeans are still thinking that China is very far backed. When China succeeded manned space flights, they told me that it was a movie that China Communist Party made to propagand their imaginary goals.

So, you are not all alone!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 11:49:01 |Display all floors
it's a so old thread, maybe james have been back to uk, but china is growing rapidly and people 's life have changed dramatically.
but in rural areas the modernization just on the way, we need do more efforts on developing scientific and susutainable !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 15:59:23 |Display all floors
haha
the china is growing. the young realize the trues,yet the old in foreign countries aslo educate their children the scenes of poor china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 22:09:28 |Display all floors
Hmm... the centres of Chinese cities are very developed, arguably as much so as the west, but you don't have to venture far out of the cities to see that most of the country is still basically third world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 00:08:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreads at 26-9-2003 06:29
When I came to China I had read many books to guide me whilst I was here. I was surprised though when some of my friends asked me not to go.

Many people in Britain, especially older people, see  ...

It's very nice to see someone have had their eyes opened! China is a very large country and of course still needs an aweful lot of development (especially in rural areas) before it could reach the standards enjoyed in the west.

[ Last edited by obbyto at 2007-4-26 04:11 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 00:25:44 |Display all floors
The world do not know China very well . Why ?  The differences between our cultures? The unequal modernization degree between our countries ? The real reason i think is that  the world do not give itself a chance to know about China , and to understand China.

[ Last edited by jacklee at 2007-4-27 12:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 08:31:19 |Display all floors
Let's be fair, until recently the rest of the world was not given the chance to experience or try to understand China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.