Author: dreads

British Impression of China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-28 02:24:31 |Display all floors

Rapid Developments

Yeap, China is developing at a tremendous fast rate. I've been here for a couple of years and and life in China is definitely getting better day by day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-1 11:04:51 |Display all floors

china is a great country!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 19:47:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dreads at 2003-9-26 14:29
When I came to China I had read many books to guide me whilst I was here. I was surprised though when some of my friends asked me not to go.

Many people in Britain, especially older people, see  ...

Great to know your impression of China. I'm a Chinese who is interested in not only our own culture and the British culture. I really wish I can go to Britain one day for a visit, especially England and Scotland.

[ Last edited by lotus_flower at 2007-5-3 04:01 PM ]
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 10:05:19 |Display all floors
Good to read your positive response to China. Hopefully the documentary makers will show the true cultural diversity here rather than just focusing on negative aspects of the society. Then opinions will start to improve.

I have exchanged Surrey for Chengdu. My friends and family though I was very brave to leave the comforts of the UK. But I haven't regretted it for a moment and am actually more comfortable here - certainly more relaxed. However, my son and his friends were a little envious as they already understand that China is the place to be.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 11:12:12 |Display all floors
With the rapid development , China will become more and more strong which is defintly different with before. China express his thinking, behave to the world.
Hope China change to powerful country  day and night.Best wishes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 11:35:57 |Display all floors
it was a thread posted almost 4 years ago...who digged this out? O.o

But I'd like to point out...I don't think Chinese and British have much in common, nor anything very similar with our countries...I could even say quite the opposite, but do I find much more similarities between British and Japanese...their countries and the people.

Anyway I wouldn't really care if they'd like to understand China or not...:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 14:51:20 |Display all floors

You are not alone!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.