Author: desperado123

Andy Xie: Australia would be next Spain   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-12 00:02:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-12 00:09:29 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-11 22:29
Yes, we have some of the most pathetic press imaginable.

Australians are being ripped blind by th ...

That doesn't not surprise me at all.

I am looking at a new telescope, it's 14,000 USD in the States and here in Australia it's just under 30,000 AUD excluding freight from Sydney to Perth. I am beyond pi$$ed off with the ripping off of consumers here. Another example, I can stay in a good quality hotel in Xiamen in Fujien province for 250 RMB a night, the equivalent here is going to be at least $150 and where can you get a hotel breakfast for under a buck in Australia?  It's a joke and we pay for it.

Of course to be fair about things Australia is a small market in the global scheme of things and some of our beloved monopolies don't half stitch us up, eg: Telstra and it's non standard modem interface specification that meant that every ISP modem that was hooked up to a phone line had to have expensive custom modifications and authority to be connected, of course we just couldn't be sane and follow the UK standards like we usually do here.

It's little wonder that I spend as little time here as I can as I have a far better life grotting around in the swaps of Africa than in Melbourne, Sydney and Brissy, at least in the swamp the beasts aren't elected and are honest in their dealings, unlike our top end of town businesses and their political protectors.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 00:12:21 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-12 00:02
Perhaps because they know no better.

I would much rather live in China.

In China you are VIP guest earning top 5 %.

It is not even your country and you got escape passport.

Your opinion don't count.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 00:19:21 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 00:25:49 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-12 00:45:44 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-12 00:19
Amen to that....

Some of my personal favourites come from eBay. LED 3W 16 colour light, $10 AUD inc Shipping from China. Local buy price $79. USB memory card reader, ebay price $3.99 inc Shipping from Shenzen, price in local shop for identical unit, $59.95.  5m high intensity LED lighting strip (various colours, 60 LED/meter), ebay price inc shipping $18.00 Identical unit from major electronics component wholesaler, $115 ex GST.

Australian retailers wonder why their sales are slumping ... stop the profit gouging children, it's not the bad old days when people couldn't find a price from overseas and were going to to get hit with at least 22.5% import duty. There's this lovely playing field leveller called the Internet.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 01:22:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-7-12 08:48
zglobal Post time: 2012-7-12 00:25
Oh really.

Then how come every Chinese person I talk to in Australia says it's boring as hell?

It is not the fault of anyone that Australia appears boring.

So few people, so much land.

But things just work.

The important thing is there is justice. Fair play and compassion.

Excellent environment.

And good political debates.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.