Author: ttt222

China's air pollution problem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-10 08:38:08 |Display all floors
The world has two choices
Both made in China

Global dimming by sulphur
Or global warming.

Two bad choices.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 08:50:03 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-7-10 08:30
Those photos were actually posted on China Daily a few weeks ago.  And just because 1 town gets ri ...

And just one town gets polluted air does not represent the whole thing either
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 09:00:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 09:06:47 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2012-7-10 09:00
US have more air pullution problem than CHina, because American have more cars than Chinese. Why l ...

Not true...  US does not have as many polluting buses and trucks as China.  And China has many, many more polluting coal burning power plants.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 09:32:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vorgal78 at 2012-7-10 09:33

Pollution and smog are not simply caused by car emissions Magnetic, many things cause them.

The already mentioned coal and other fossil fuel burning power plants, industrial producing facilities that smelt iron and steel, aluminium plants, plastics factories and even paper mills produce tonnes of emissions every hour.

Beijing is smoggy, no doubt about it. It is exacerbated by the location of the capital though and a natural tendency for fog during winter and humidity during summer. These two weather conditions contain pollutants and reduce the chances of the pall of smoke dispersing as it would on a coastal city.

I spend most of my time in China in Shenyang, and since I first visited in 2000 I am happy to say that the air quality has improved immensely despite a massive increase in the number of cars. While I do not doubt that some of this improvement is a result of the increase in vegetated areas in the city, trees planted on roadsides e.t.c. but also because of the regional governments decision to re-locate many of the pollution producing factories and industries to smaller cities such as Anshan and Panjin. As a result the general air quality in the province has improved while also allowing for a dispersal of population throughout the province rather than a continuing concentration around the capital.

Good planning decision I think, both economically, diplomatically and environmentally.
*Edited for spelling error

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 09:41:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 09:46:26 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2012-7-10 09:41
I am truck driver and now I working in oilfield North Dakota so you thinks I don't know about US.  ...

Wrong again.  Only a few cities in China have buses that run on propane.  And none of the long distance coaches run on propane.  ANd there are many more buses in China than USA.  The trucks in China are not environmentaly friendly.   USA trucks are much more cleaner running.  Next time you visit China open your eyes and look around, but be careful not to get them irritated from the pollution.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.