Author: vincent01

Parents lost their only child   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-10 11:44:49 |Display all floors
um..when saw these pictures,heart broken..only say:the family planning policy is a double-edged sword..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 12:48:47 |Display all floors
China has to relax the one-child policy. If not there will be more pain when in future, there are too many old people while there are too little young ones to look after them. I cannot imagine what will happen to society.

Will the youngs just walk away? That is only one possible unhappy result. Surely, there are others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 12:49:45 |Display all floors
It will make a mockery of the CCP and central planning if things goes awry. Then what is planning?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 13:10:22 |Display all floors
There are many unwanted orphans who would welcome the chance to join a loving family home. Life goes on and one must not be forever swallowed by grief. It is not what the dead family member would have wanted for their surviving relatives.

It seems to me that many Chinese people enjoy the opportunity to feel miserable and cry just to experience it. Why is that? Did anyone else notice that? Look at all those late night TV shows where families are arguing and crying accompanied by half the studio audience too. What's all that about?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 16:52:38 |Display all floors
I heard that it's America that pushed our country to issue the Family Planning Policy because there are so many people in China. We issue the Familiy Planning Policy but don't take the relevant problems it will  bring.  

To look after the old people and lonely perple should be the problem for the country, the society, not only their childre.

It' s the typical Chinese way to put all the hopes on child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 16:55:41 |Display all floors
隱形dē眼淚 Post time: 2012-7-10 16:52
I heard that it's America that pushed our country to issue the Family Planning Policy because there  ...

Of course - blame the Americans. Didn't you hear that the one-child policy is one of America's major problems with Chinese policy as they believe it violates human rights? Personally, I think it's a great policy and more countries should follow China's lead to ensure that our planet has a sustainable population which can be fed without straining the earth's resources too much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 17:02:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LinCH at 2012-7-10 17:05
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-7-10 16:55
Of course - blame the Americans. Didn't you hear that the one-child policy is one of America's maj ...

It is very plausible that America was behind that push. Everyone was talking about population control then. America changes policies like they change presidents like they change underwear.

Another day, another time , and someone else will cry foul if China relaxes the one-child policy.

Anyway, I agree with you  that the policy is a good one for the earth, but it has to be applied in a gradual manner, and all countries have to do the same as well. Otherwise, it is of no use if other countries keep producing and enlarging the world population . It is also unfair on China to take this initiative alone.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.