Author: Rearwindow

My Travel Journal to Ningxia Hui autonomous region(July9-14)   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-12 15:54:11 |Display all floors
Rearwindow Post time: 2012-7-11 22:37
This is a great place! I had a lot of fun. My bettery was running out of power as I took too many p ...

What is really like riding a camel?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 22:56:34 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2012-7-12 15:54
What is really like riding a camel?

It was quite an adventure to me. They were gentle but damn slow.  They kneel down and let you rige , kind of cool.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 22:57:38 |Display all floors
catisred Post time: 2012-7-12 18:31
desolation but natural to us, China has many scenery that we don't know, thanks for sharing.  Wish ...

Thanks . Yeah you're right. It has been like this for thousands of years. So it's quite natural

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 23:11:55 |Display all floors
Thanks for sharing ! I was really impressed by the photos ! My parents' hometown is Ningxia Guyuan region !I went to there several times ! However , there are mountainous and lacks water desperately in the  town ! I thought the whole Ningxia was not much better than there. Now ,I guess I was wrong ! If everything goes well , I wish I could travel across it , experiencing  its poverty and richness,witnessing its beauty and desert , preying that all the best to the Hui people!
Too little , too late

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 23:35:18 |Display all floors
Day 3

West Xia Imperial Tombs

Today I vitnessed the so called "Eastern Pyramid", It was quite impressive. The weather was sizzling hot. I didn't expect a suntan, but other than the heat, everything else was perfect! They look so mysterious and sacred to me.

West Xia Kingdom (1038-1227) stands among the once powerful kingdoms, with its capital in Yinchuan shaded by Mt. Helan imperial forests. Its Imperial Tombs reflect the past glories culturally and militarily.

According to records, the tombs were patterned after Song Tombs in Gongxian County, Henan Province. The West Xia Imperial Tombs adopted the zhao-mu burial system (the father is zhao, son is mu while grandson is zhao again.).

East line and west line are formed from south to north with zhao on the left and mu on the right. Each imperial tomb is an individual and integrated group of architectures, sitting north and facing south in a rectangle.

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-12 23:42:00 |Display all floors
kristima Post time: 2012-7-12 23:11
Thanks for sharing ! I was really impressed by the photos ! My parents' hometown is Ningxia Guyuan r ...

I don't know what it was like in Ningxia, but I'm enjoying my stay now and the scenary is fantastic!

I really think you should go back and see the possible changes since it was where your parents once lived.

and I love the way how beef and mutton are done here, It's delicious. I haven't had enough of the food here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-14 23:27:26 |Display all floors
IMG_4626.jpg

On the way to  "ark of Customs and Culture in the Homeland of Chinese Hui People".

Day 4

The Internet was not available, it was such a pity that I uploaded them a bit late. These were taken yesterday in Park of Customs and Culture in the Homeland of Chinese Hui People(中华回乡文化园).

The Park located in the land of fruit in the west Yongning County Yinchuan City, is a national AAAA scenery spot with the theme of Hui culture.

The buildings look magnificent! , look at this one. would you mistake it with the White House? {:soso_e112:}
The tour is worth the money I paid for. I saw a lot of items illustrating the origin and  culture of Chinese Hui People, and the Islamic culture. Unfortunately, the tour guide told us not to take photos inside.

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

What do you think of the seilings?
IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

Well, the guy was lecturing on us how ill-dressed modern people are today. He told us that the proper dressing code for men is: No revealing your knees or above; For women, Face only.
IMG_4711.jpg

I was awed when I heard they sing the first part of Holly Quran.It's hard to describe the feelings I got. They say people , good or evil, would cry when hearing the song at the same time.
IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.