http://www.voltairenet.org/Storytelling-NATO-rewrites-the

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-17 06:57:07 |Display all floors
{:soso_e203:}

Remember: I, edi, did not write
this {:soso_e113:}...  Either way, I also would not want anything
to do with it, whatever the story.

Tall Tales in Tremseh

For what seems likemonths we have been inundatedwith reports of “massacres” carried out by Syriangovernment troops against defenseless villagers. The sourcing forthese reports is always Syrian “activists,” sometimesnamed but often not, and the details are always quite horrific:There was the “massacre” atHoula, touted by the BBC in a story that included aphoto of a boy jumping over the shrouded bodies ofthe victims. The report claimed Syrian forces had murdered childrenand women in a house to house rampage in the village of Houla: itwas all very dramatic. There was just one problem with the story: itwasn’t true. The photo used by the BBC to illustrate this talltale was takenin Iraq, not Syria, and it had been pilfered by theSyrian “activists” who palmed it off to the BBC as“evidence” of atrocities committed by the regime.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/07/15/tall-tales-in-tremseh/

The brain washing game, I call it. Are you game?  I'm not!

{:soso_e203:}

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-17 19:48:58 |Display all floors
Does anyone remember the "kidnapped Syrian Lesbian Girl blogger" who turned out to be a mature male student at a Scottish university?

The lies never stop....... and people are easily duped.....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 16:50:33 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-7-17 19:48
Does anyone remember the "kidnapped Syrian Lesbian Girl blogger" who turned out to be a mature male  ...

It wasn't an easy dupe. The guy and his  girlfriend spent years on a forum I attend daily.  He mislead folks for years. That sort of thing takes time to build up.
Cold Rests the Heart of Darkness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 20:32:07 |Display all floors
redob Post time: 2012-7-18 16:50
It wasn't an easy dupe. The guy and his  girlfriend spent years on a forum I attend daily.  He mis ...

They had CIA training and agency services at their disposal. The only reason the media got to know about it was that people were going to risk their lives trying to rescue this fictitious female.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 12:27:22 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-7-18 20:32
They had CIA training and agency services at their disposal. The only reason the media got to know ...

NO, the guy was an American at university in the UK. You can find stories related to him and his girlfriend. They were sociology students or some such earning a masters, with easy access to vast amounts of time and resources. A yahoo list-serve ended up being deleted over the entire thing. Imagine someone pretending to be someone else for years, and then something happens in Syria, and his story has a ring of truth to it.
Cold Rests the Heart of Darkness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 13:33:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheHermit at 2012-7-19 13:38
redob Post time: 2012-7-19 12:27
NO, the guy was an American at university in the UK. You can find stories related to him and his g ...

You are absolutely right regarding this guy and his partner. They were late forties "studying" something or other...........

Have you seen a document like a passport or resume listing under occupation "SECRET AGENT"? Of course they were students........{:soso_e133:}{:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.