Author: edisonone

China flexes muscles to assert control over the South China Sea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-9 11:29:46 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-9 08:35
The companies with the most extraction muscle, especially at sea, are still the american and briti ...

Captain Laugh!

Mainly it'll depend on which economies needs the FUEL and ENERGY more.
The Pinoy, Viets are mostly <under US$1000 per capita CUNTries.
Unlikely to produce more than what's needed.
Will need the CAPITAL & TECHNOLOGICAL ACCESS of the BIG OIL companies to access the deep sea fields.

The Malayan and Indonesian side <Natuna> are already dominating supplies to JAPAN, KOREA and TAIWAN at the moment. The Indonesians are particularly indebted to the EXXON MOBIL oil company, while the Malayans works with PETRONAS and SHELL oil company. <one of the global top 10 petroleum companies!>

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
2-00-1 alert! Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 11:54:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-7-9 06:23
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-8 18:37
I've been living in China a decade, from small villages to first tier cities and can assure you MOST ...

You've been in China a decade, Jay. But, I was born in China and that is where I stashed my umbilical cord for safe keeping. The people I grew up and went to elementary school with (all rural villagers and old timers now) knows more about the outside as well as the inside world of China than even I do. Yes, I was surprised. In other words: They are no dummies as you might think of them. They are quite aware of the outside world and the happenings there.  So, don't assume that what you saw was the real and the whole deal, Jay. You are simply ahead of yourself if you do.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 16:01:01 |Display all floors
Ahhh another know-it-all local.
I talk to locals everyday but you must think they are all fake Chinanians.
Sure, they watch TV, but don't care - DON'T YOU GET IT???
I never called them dummies, if it has no effect on their lives personally it doesn't matter.
A rock in the SCS means NOTHING to them.
You should talk to your ppl more often.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 16:22:42 |Display all floors
And now for the next problem...
Assuming 30% of the military are single and as a result of the one-child policy are responsible for their parents and grandparents - what do you think they would say if that one child is killed.
They won't be happy at all.
If its a result of defending the Mainland - without a doubt they could accept it as its their duty.
However, if killed fighting over uninhabited rocks 1000+ km away from home, no way - they would be rioting in the streets throughout the nation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 17:13:28 |Display all floors
That's a good point actually, referring the one child policy. It would certainly hit home faster. Fighting over uninhabited rocks when you have a huge amount of living space would descend into unpopular madness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 23:46:15 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-9 00:01
I talk to locals everyday but you must think they are all fake China ...

At lease I'm not a dumb foreigner, or a dumb ABC, or whatever of the likes, who had been implanted with the preimposed impression of what China. or any other country, is or should be l;ike. Don't you agree?

I talk to locals everyday but you must think they are all fake Chinanians.

One more time. Jay: Those are "DUMMIES". They are a demographic of society I would not put my bet on. Period. But they do make for a sorea*ssed political tool!

Sure, they watch TV, but don't care - DON'T YOU GET IT???

Hell! My other half doesn't give a hoot about the going's on's of anything or anywhere. So, what does that imply??? All it says is that they don't have any interest outside that of their own hobbies and habits. None whatsoever! Mahjong; shopping for shoes, shoes, and more shoes; which restaurant to go to next; and which soap opera they won't miss; yes, that's all that they are interested in. So, what does that say? And, do you also get it. Jay???

Many from the West or from [the liberally open make love and not war g*ayish countries of the world] love only to see appear in their minds the selective pictures that they've been preprogramed to see because they are so bombarded with these single sided and biased brain washings machines as CNN and BBC, etc., that they just don't have a mind of their own anymore. They thus become "a political tool of the establishment only" so to speak.  So, are you oner of theser tools? Ask youirself this question?

Yes. Why is it that it's only the ChiComs and the KimComs who are alway thge evil ones? Why is it that the poverty sector of those from the western hemisphere, of the poors of Vietnam, of India, of the gutters of the Philippines, never ever focused upon and and uploaded to the Pentium IV chips of people as yourself? Yes, why only China and North Korea? What I am trying to say is this: Use youir brain, Jay!!! You do have a brain, don't you???

I never called them dummies, if it has no effect on their lives personally it doesn't matter.

But I did called them dummies and I don't need to deny it that I had because these subjects would, in my book, be a sector of the social network of "not only China's", but of "countries the world" of which, if those who have as much as half a brain in them, would never ever have them manage or supervise their household or trust them with a job to be well done.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-10 06:52:09 |Display all floors
I think you just hate your ppl and believe that you are better than them. To you they are all dummies, which is very sad indeed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.