Author: edisonone

China flexes muscles to assert control over the South China Sea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-9 08:35:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 08:36:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 08:46:32 |Display all floors
I would be more concerned about the ocean drilling by Chinanian companies.
All major MNC firms have had accidents which has destroyed the environment, even with the best equipment, technolgy and experience. Chinanians for the most part don't maintain housing, equipment or install safeguards like MNC's - this is a recipe for disaster which would only affect nearby countries , not the Mainland.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 09:54:57 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-7 15:11
The issue is does China care what the world thinks of them and will they fully commit?
Can they be l ...

The issue is does China care what the world thinks of them and will they fully commit?

Good point, Jay. However, I will wager my credibility on it that, if all of her diplomatic resources at resolving the problem is depleted; if the US sticks her finger in where she does not blong; and, given the corner Beijing has put herself into; i.e., that the Islands are China's core interest; what is likely to happen, my opinion, is that she will have no alternative but to deliver as she had vowed/promised and that means plunging the country into an all out war if that's become of it.

Can they be like the US or Russia when it comes to any conflict OUTSIDE their borders?

No. Not outside of her borders. We must make clear here however: all of these disbuted territiries, i.e., the South China Sea, the East China Sea, along the Himalayas, other regions, does not constitute for China, as something "OUTSIDE of her borders". Those are territories unfairly robed from her at gun point when she was in decline and at her weakess, and, in most cases, where no agreements were ever inked, i.e., the McMahon line for examples.

I'll venture to say that over half of the population has no clue or interest in the islands in question with Japan or the Phillipines.

You are living in the past, Jay. If the likes of Ai Wei Wei are aired in China; if the likes of this blind guy is aired to the world; if T*betan and X*njiang terorism is shown throughout the world but masgerated as a humanrights issues by the progaganda machinery of the West instead; then everything is available to the average Chinese in China. Don't forget: There are Alibabah in China, there are Yahoo, Google, even Facebook. There are thousands of Chinese with computers. My Uncler, who is in his 70's, lives in Beijing, goes online and talk to his daughter in Pheonex, AZ, via video conferencing in real time so go figure.

Being able to afford to buy food, having a job and a roof over their head is their first and only concern - not a few rocks in the middle of nowhere.

Seriously Jay, you should vist China sometimes. The people in China are more spoiled than you and I can ever be. I'd put the breakdown like this: Practically 90% of all holiday goers in China these days are domestic customers. Only 10% are from overseas. And, of this 10%, maybe 40 to 50% of it are South East Asians Chinese; 10% Taiwanese; 20% are HongKers; 25% overseas Chinese from the western hemisphere. Only 5% of this roster are people from elsewhere in the world. Therefore, I can't see how it is that they are starving and no job to make a living on when they have money to burn like that.

I mean why is it that it's always the ChiComs and Kim Boys that are starving their people and, never ever the Nam boys or the Hindu Boys who, half their population is malnutritioned? Ever ask that question?

They would really need to sell it hard on CCTV for the poor second or third tier city dweller (or lower) citizen to care about it - if at all. They are the REAL heart of China (not BJ, SH, GZ, etc.), nor are they the wealthy Party members, rich businessmen, bankers or property speculators.

Let's just put it this way: Dummies, does not a dynamic nation make. I mean seriously, if they refuse the education that were offered their children suggesting that they insist on living their thousands of years of nomadic lifestyle, you can't expect any of this demographic to become Yuhongyuans, J-10/J-20 fighter pilots, or filthy rich multi millionairs now, do you???

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 10:37:07 |Display all floors
I've been living in China a decade, from small villages to first tier cities and can assure you MOST ppl don't care OR have a clue.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 11:06:26 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-7-9 08:33
You are just someone saying things he knows nothing about, since when has the US allowed any of it ...
, since when has the US allowed any of its friends like the philipness get bullied by china?

well thins are changing sh!t shifter , balance of power is changing and US never stick with friends but with interests anyhow.

USA is corporation run by few CEOs and president as some kind of clown to sign letters that CEOs put on table.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 11:07:41 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-9 10:37
I've been living in China a decade, from small villages to first tier cities and can assure you MOST ...
MOST ppl don't care OR have a clue

just like in Amerikkkkkkkkkkka

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.