Author: edisonone

China flexes muscles to assert control over the South China Sea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-6 12:39:30 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-6 10:38
China flexing muscles

There will be no gunfire SMITHI, we both know that.

Sargeant Jay Dee

It'll be like the Carribean, Persian Gulf - China will dig from her side, while the others from their side - and they work to converge into an overlapping region about 100 to 200 years from today! But China consumption will probably be the LION share due to it's RISING ECONOMIC MIGHT, compare to Vietnam, Phillipines.

While Malaysia exports is dependent on a smaller need.
The Indonesians production is mostly American Revenue Merchant production <which needs a market access needs = meaning Japan, Korea, Taiwan>

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
2-00-1 alert! Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 13:14:16 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-6 10:38
China flexing muscles

There will be no gunfire SMITHI, we both know that.

well i certainly hope so Jay dee , war in SCS is not something i hope to see rest assured

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 13:57:59 |Display all floors
Any war will be a limited war for China, though not for the Phillipines. The US will not be involved directly.
Vietnam will not ally itself with the Philippines.

At the end, the Philippines would have found itself boxed into corner. Want to fight: cannot win. Don't want to fight: loss of face.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 14:11:45 |Display all floors
Nooooooo, China would be the biggest loser by far in any conflict.
All the work to get where thay are today will have been wasted in the eyes of the world.
Big guys picking on small guys always look bad (Tian Sq & Uighar as an example).
Its a lose-lose or lose face, best not to play the game at all.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 18:05:58 |Display all floors
The US and China would both be huge losers in any conflict! With the world's two largest economies committed, the entire world economy may well collapse. Statistics show China has huge manpower, the US has such sophisticated economy. Who knows where it would all end. Another world war is the last thing we need after the two we had in the last century.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-8 07:11:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jay_dee at 2012-7-8 07:38

The issue is does China care what the world thinks of them and will they fully commit?
Can they be like the US or Russia when it comes to any conflict OUTSIDE their borders?
Time will tell, but my thought is no.
I'll venture to say that over half of the population has no clue or interest in the islands in question with Japan or the Phillipines.
Being able to afford to buy food, having a job and a roof over their head is their first and only concern - not a few rocks in the middle of nowhere. They would really need to sell it hard on CCTV for the poor second or third tier city dweller (or lower) citizen to care about it - if at all. They are the REAL heart of China (not BJ, SH, GZ, etc.), nor are they the wealthy Party members, rich businessmen, bankers or property speculators.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-9 08:33:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.