Author: Revolutionar

Foxconn to buy Diaoyu and share with Japan. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-23 12:49:41 |Display all floors
If I was a share owner I would be concerned
one part of China buying another part of China.
if this guy wants Im sure there is someone willing to sell the Brooklyn bridge to him
better stick to sweat shops.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 13:17:34 |Display all floors
leboucher Post time: 2012-6-23 12:40
ah. face. not edible to a hungry man though. what's gone into this sweat shop owner to make him thin ...

Journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. One good idea.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 13:19:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 11:39:52 |Display all floors
Mr. Guo is not a traitor to China or Taiwan.  His point is that buying Diaoyutai should be a piece of cake but it instead took Tokyo's rightwing mayor months of appealing for donations, which he singlehandedly could have done instantly.  It diminishes the significance of the effort of Tokyo's fund-raising result, pointing out it does not have much support from the people, or it could have raised the entire sum in one day.

Where Guo got lost is in camouflaging his real intention to belittle the Japanese rightwing movement, by saying he would then share its use with Japan (making him look like a Japanophile), and forgetting that by buying it from the Japanese, he would have acknowledged the sovereignty to the island belonged to Japan in the first place, his deed being a derivative title limited to private use without affecting Japan's claim of sovereignty.  This second part inflamed the Chinese public which figured this out without much analysis.

What Guo should have said is, "Taking this long for Tokyo to raise the money to buy Diaoyutai only proves this farce does not have much support from the Japanese people or the financial elite, because I could have bought it any time with cash, if the Chinese government wished to sell it to me.  Then, I would be happy to share its use with my Japanese guests."

Guo is a businessman trying to help the politicians out, but his phrasing of his offer lacked diplomatic precision, and projected the opposite impression instead.

Let us be kind to Guo Tai-Ming for his effort to help in whatever way he can.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 20:37:33 |Display all floors
gou is dodgy. i can see why his family got kicked off the mainland in the first place. alot of taiwanese that i have met have also been extremely dodgy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.