Views: 5547|Replies: 17

Waitress fired after sheltering beggar from rain   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-20 10:35:10 |Display all floors

A Changchun resident identified as Cao Di, a high-school graduate who worked in a restaurant as a part-time waitress, was fired from her job after sheltering a homeless person from the rain during her shift, City Evening News reported on June 18.

A photo of the ponytailed Cao holding a white umbrella with pink spots, to shelter a bony, aging beggar has attracted copious amounts of attention on Sina Weibo, China’s equivalent to Twitter, thanks to a passerby who shot the scene and posted it online.

1.jpg

Cao Di holds a umbrella for a beggar in Changchun.

The photo moved many Weibo users, who gave Cao generous compliments. "You are the most beautiful girl at the moment," wrote a Weibo user registered on the site as Little Cream of Changchun Restaurant

"Under the same umbrella, the day for both of you turned clear," said a user named Choco Chao.

"We have seen the kindness of the world through the girl," another user named Red Moon 7077 chimed in.

One of Wang's former colleagues, surnamed Wang, explained that Cao’s insubordination was likely the cause of her termination.

"I suggested she lend the umbrella to the beggar and come back to work because it was during the working hours, but she just wouldn’t hear it and insisted on standing there." (Source: China.org.cn)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-6-20 14:03:49 |Display all floors
Good for her, I hope she fairs well in the future

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-20 14:35:55 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-6-20 14:03
Good for her, I hope she fairs well in the future

Best wishes for her!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-20 21:30:23 |Display all floors
Chinese girls are good to beggars.   

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-20 22:02:10 |Display all floors
It's always heartening to see someone stand up for what is after all plain common decency in any country in the world. I hope she lands a far better job in the near future. As for the boss who terminated her employment, well if they had an ounce of compassion they would have brought the old lady under cover and given her at least a cup of tea and a bun.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-21 08:51:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-20 21:23
I am sad to read she lost her job for opening her heart to a person in dire straits.

What kind of  ...

She is wearing a dico's outfit, it is a fast food chain.

As indicated in the article, I don't think she lost her job because she opened her heart (she could have lended the umbrella to the old beggar) but because she refused to go back to work.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-6-21 10:16:48 |Display all floors
With this much attention she'll have no trouble finding another job. Probably better than the one she lost.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.