Author: Rearwindow

Black Foreigner Fights Chinese Girl, Gives Crowd Middle Finger   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-18 21:19:31 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-6-18 20:59
So if you were in that situation, would you fight her like a man?

It's clear that you do not understand the Chinese pysche, how they deal with situations like this and especially when there is group of onlookers how that will also influence reactions/actions. Very often the reaction is way over the top that you would expect in a western environment.

In situations like this, usually in second tier cities, even if it is clear that the girl was in the wrong the locals will side with the girl - it's China against the World.
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:22:57 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-6-18 21:16
Years of practicing, my friend, years of practicing. I've been in a relationship with a Chinese gi ...

Difficult to do with a group of onlookers who likely would have sided with the girl - even if she was the aggressor as they would have assumed she was being violent because he did something to deserve it - and the fact it seems obvious the foreigner couldn't speak Chinese.

If he had run, the police would immediately have declared him guilty of leaving the scene - a hit and run - even if the earlier accident were not his fault. You know that's how it works here, I am sure (for foreigners & Chinese alike).
"A king ceases to be a king, and degenerates into a tyrant, as soon as he leaves off to rule according to his laws." King James 1 in 1603.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:24:21 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-6-18 21:16
Years of practicing, my friend, years of practicing. I've been in a relationship with a Chinese gi ...
I only once had to get the police involved - because my former girlfriend was with me and she undermined all my efforts of cooling and controlling the situation, as you can probably imagine.

Yeah,which is why I doubt the poor guy would have been able to cool down this girls temper. I would be more afraid of a mob of enraged Chinese women than a mob of guys....honestly.^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:24:48 |Display all floors
drwatson Post time: 2012-6-18 21:19
It's clear that you do not understand the Chinese pysche, how they deal with situations like this  ...

What is wrong with that?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:26:03 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-6-18 21:24
What is wrong with that?

You can't be serious,can you?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:26:53 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-6-18 21:26
You can't be serious,can you?!

Is it much different than the concept of chivalry in europe?  I know its dead now, but still.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-18 21:28:40 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-6-18 21:26
Is it much different than the concept of chivalry in europe?  I know its dead now, but still.

There is a difference between chivalry and mobbing up without knowing who really is guilty and "lynching" him or at least give him a beating. Even you should see that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.