Author: cjamesyee

Ottoman Empire aid to the Irish to hit the big screen [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-17 22:09:50 |Display all floors
The recent draught in Somalia is a testimony to the generocity of the Turks. The world is a better place when Turkey is strong and powerful. The Ottoman was a force of good, hence its destruction. I am falling in love with everything turkish these days. Historian need to study the assimilation policy of the french colonial mentality.

Many black Africans were subjucted to all sorts of campaign to feel inferior and that French culture was superior. The Ottoman empire is been remembered in many parts of Africa as just rulers better than many of the continents current leaders.

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:11:20 |Display all floors
The Ottoman empire lasted 624 years!The longest lasting empire in the history of mankind. That was because in proportion they did more good than evil, unlike most other empires I could mention. So all those people who are jealous of Turkey - Eat your heart out!!
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:12:37 |Display all floors
Yes CJ, everyone is jealous of....Turkey.....I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:14:20 |Display all floors
Thank you to Turkey from an Irish reader. There are many strong links between our two countries like our independence struggles at the same time (and our common enemy). Irish Republicans found your successful struggle a great inspiration revealing to them that Britain could be defeated. I visited the Ottoman archives in Istanbul last year and they kindly provided documents relating to these events.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:15:48 |Display all floors
Cool Story Bro
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:15:55 |Display all floors
its a super act of kindness shown to the people of my country in their hour of great need .by Turkish people. many thanks on behalf of my forefathers. I am an Irish woman who with my husband came to live in Turkey on our retirement 5 years ago. We are very happy here.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 22:21:04 |Display all floors
"super act of kindness" I'm sure that's why they actually said.
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.