Author: zglobal

CHINA - REMARKABLE OR NOT?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-15 19:56:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 19:59:13 |Display all floors
I hope you can find the way to an independent judiciary, too! citric acid http://www.protexinternational.com

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-15 20:05:38 |Display all floors
Depends on what you call remarkable ? I find every country to be remarkable to some extent.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 20:11:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by emucentral at 2012-6-15 22:11
zglobal Post time: 2012-6-15 21:56
Straight from the mouth of someone who's total experience of China was a weekend in Guangzhou.

Re ...

ZG, we keep reading how China has 5000 years of history and developed all these things upon which western civilisation was built, now you tell me that it's only just emerged from the primordial soup !

This has bugger all to do with my day trip to Guangzhou, and everything to do with the news stories and reporting, good and bad, coming out of China.

These "bad" stories, like the illegal abortion to which I referred, the murder of the British businessman, the attempted assault on a young girl in a restaurant by a CCP official, the milk scandal.

These things were not discovered by westerners, these were discovered, revealed and reported by brave, intelligent, Chinese people.

Chinese people who are far better in every respect than the corrupt, murderous officials who seek to suppress and hide the truth.

I am on the side of the intelligent, morally upright, Chinese citizens who want to make their country a better place a darn side quicker than those for whom you keep making excuses.

"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 20:14:41 |Display all floors
Congratulations, this thread has  been chosen as one of the "original piece".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 20:19:06 |Display all floors
ZG are you watching the doco on SBS about the great starve forward ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 20:30:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-6-16 00:33

as for the 1,2 ,3, you forgot another group.....................

the group that says that all the good you see in China is due to the mothers of China and that all the bad you see in China is due to its feudal medieval governing system.

I know what Chinese are capable of because they are Chinese all over the world. Lets just say the sample size is significant.

If you are impressed with China's infrastructure. You ought to . Sooner or later, China will built the world's greatest infrastructure. They already built the Great Wall and the Grand Canal a long long time ago. And in modern times, wherever there are Chinese. they are the infrastructure builders and developers.

To me, June 89 marks the day China has been poisoned . That poison is still poisoning China up to today, and perhaps for a long long time. What is this poison?

This poison is the meme that says  Father knows best. This poison is the meme that says the road to Eternal Heaven is via  an iron fist and a hard sword.

Yes, be impressed with the hardware.
But the software has been poisoned
All hardware, no software, just like so many other feudal medieval societies out there.

So, I will say, China succeeded not because of the government, but despite the government.

The lack of software will drag China down before the  software can be repaired.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.