Author: firstcause

Spain takes UK to UN over Gibraltar   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-16 05:37:55 |Display all floors
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-6-15 21:34
Their crap Anglo press propaganda arsewipes proudly announces these silly little British Fukklanders ...

Oi, returd, NZ was never a penal colony and we have a treaty with the Maori, which has been redressed and is continuing to be redressed. You have no authority to speak in this affair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 05:39:36 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-6-15 18:45
I tend to think that small Islands that were taken under dubious circumstances should be...

Given t ...

Full independance for either the Falklands or Gibraltar are both untenable. If there is a dispute, a simple referendum should do, much like we enforced in East Timor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 05:40:46 |Display all floors
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-6-15 21:18
With IQ like yours, who needs silly bug9ers here?

Why mention IQ pang, it's a fact, what Verdane is saying!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 05:42:38 |Display all floors
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-6-15 22:05
Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner has demanded that Britain enter negotiations ov ...

No, they shouldn't, regarding China, or that'd be interfering in British and Argentine internal affairs, no?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 05:47:19 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-16 03:01
ah i see so you sail you see some island and you put your flag than you say my flag is more beau ...

There's not a lot left for any former colonial empire to decolonise.

I suppose you mean decolonise Aussie, Canada and NZ too right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 07:04:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 07:16:00 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-6-16 06:04
In my opinion those two islands do NOT have the right to stay under Britain's umbrella.

That is l ...

Without trying to be pedantic, Gibraltar isn't an island.

Now, they do have the right if that's what the inhabitants wish. Aussie and NZ voted to become independant but under the crown. Those 2, much smaller places, aren't able to have independance due to size concerns.
If either were to become independant, there'd be some sort of intimidation from either Spain or Argentina, to join....or else!

Your example of Fiji is a good one but invalid in this case because they voted to become a republic, albeit remaining in the Commonwealth.

Tasmania; silly point my friend as I have no vested interest in it beyond it's proximity to my country and the fact that both of our nations share so much in common. We're ANZACs, or have you forgotten? Is that not special enough in itself?

I don't have a "Queens skirt" as you say. I swore an oath, I will keep it. Some traditions and institutions deserve to remain. This is one I will defend!

I hope we can agree to disagree Z.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.