Author: Rearwindow

No money for treatments, Cancer-haunted teen donates organs   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-14 15:27:59 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-14 15:25
that is not true

cancer can be treated , not all cancers but many forms are curable with proper m ...

But still, not 100% cure.
Many still die from it despite the best treatments.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-14 15:30:20 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2012-6-14 15:27
But still, not 100% cure.
Many still die from it despite the best treatments.

but this boy life could be made easier if he at least don't have to worry about money and cost of treatment , can you imagine how he feel using his parents money and leaving them penniless?

Even if one have to die there is degree of dignity that have to be maintained and make suffering as little as possible.

We are humans not animals.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-6-14 15:32:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2012-6-14 15:35

No one should suffer like this due to lack of money in a developing or developed nation. I understand the issues that the Chinese hospitals and medical profession have to deal with but these images of this poor teenager are quite heartbreaking.

It's always surprised me that China has never really developed a fully fledged universal health care system. It seems to be a major oversight of the PRC Government to allow such massive suffering by so many. It's not cheap to sort out but it can be done.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-14 15:37:56 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2012-6-14 12:14
There's no known cure yet for cancer patients even if they have trillions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

You fool. Cancer is treatable if its seen at early days. That guy didn't take the treatment at preliminary stage because the cancer medicines are at 15000 yuan and that will have only medicines enough for a month. How could a man with 2000 yuan income for  a month could afford it, the same medicine in India is 1300 Yuan because our government gave our companies to produce locally to help people not to profit western drug companies, fcuk their patents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-14 15:50:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by correction at 2012-6-14 15:58
manoj10 Post time: 2012-6-14 15:37
You fool. Cancer is treatable if its seen at early days. That guy didn't take the treatment at pre ...

Ha, even with Yuan 1300 for generic medicines, hundreds of millions of desperately poor Indians still could not afford it and die as a result. Medical Insurance is almost non-existent for poor people in India.
It's the western companies that are sucking the peoples worldwide, not the hospitals, you can't blame hospitals that are forced to pay exorbitant amounts for their western medicines & patent rights.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-14 15:56:07 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-14 15:30
but this boy life could be made easier if he at least don't have to worry about money and cost of  ...

I think medical insurance in China is still in the process of wider coverage.
It's really sad for this boy, but there're no easy solutions for full medical insurance coverage & medicare affordable to all people even for developed countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-14 16:02:15 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-14 15:30
but this boy life could be made easier if he at least don't have to worry about money and cost of  ...

Totally agree Simthi, where is the pallative care?

Even with the knowledge that the cancers cannot be cured, it the repsonsibility of the doctors (in China's case, the State) to ensure that no person suffers beyond reason.

His parents must suffer the pain of watching their son waste away, but then to be left penniless and destitute as well......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.