Author: ttt222

J-20 fighter designed for South China Sea conflict: Global Times   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-17 06:55:09 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-6-17 02:30
That should ensure a spirited rebuff to China's attack on them.

War strategy room, PRC: First prio ...

You're assuming that the PLA-Ns ASW is up to speed. I don't think so!

FYI, the J-20 reaching and bombing NZ? Why on earth would it, and it can't anyway without massive refuelling support which is extremely vulnerable.

No my friend, I can understand the logic behind the J-20 but kamikaze, which is what you infer here, is not really an option with aircraft that expensive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 07:19:28 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-6-17 06:12
That is why Japan export has dwindled! Cars are not sophisticated weapons guidance systems!! Next  ...

Both are systems subject to breakdowns. Get comprehension lessons!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 10:22:22 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-6-15 23:51
The whole "raison d' etre" of the F-14 series aircraft was to carry the AIM54, Phoenix missile and ...

To which I view the J-20 is more of a Bomber or Attack Craft than a Fighter.  But beyond the question of 'tech', there is in my mind the question of the leve of skill in the pilot cadres.  Outside of those few that have had some action during Vietnam conflict 30+ years ago, the whole structure is green as grass.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 10:50:08 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2012-6-17 09:22
To which I view the J-20 is more of a Bomber or Attack Craft than a Fighter.  But beyond the quest ...

Combat green, yes. I think that the Chinese pilots who exercise with the annual SCO military exercises are fairly competent though. You'd be right though, PLA-AF pilots generally get less "stick time" than their corresponding western counterparts....maybe because the J-10/11 series combat aircraft are too maintenance expensive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 11:09:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 11:15:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 11:20:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.