Author: ttt222

J-20 fighter designed for South China Sea conflict: Global Times   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-16 04:58:56 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-6-15 18:11
If your assessment is on the money, the Chinese are a few years behind as usual.

Lockheed Martin ...

I'm on the money, for sure regarding this one, I think.

I now await the morons to counter with their usual scurrilous claims and personal insults etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 12:31:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tradervic at 2012-6-15 22:32
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-6-15 14:57
The US doesn't use the Phoenix AAM now as they were only used on the, now retired, F-14 series abo ...

Yep, it is a retired system (missile and radar)... but it is the analogy that fits for this one - given the size of the J-20.  As for AWACS... {smile} ...that is always been the "troublesome" aspect of the Hawkeyes... for those attempting to make like Dracula, because it leaves them coming off as Edward Cullen.

bladevstwlight2.png

China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 12:37:17 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-6-14 23:10
Beyond visual AMRAMs requires
practice? Jezz, then these technologies have
to be Korean-Nam era  ...

... like the missile only F-4s going against Korean War vintage MIG-17s over the skies of Vietnam?  Yes, there is a learning curve that only comes from live fire.

As much as folks want to tout about this or that tech... there is ALWAYS going to be a human element to fight.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 12:47:01 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-6-15 00:28
I'll spend more TIME damaging American Logistics..........

...........then bothering about their  ...
We already have the DF-21, and the hypersonic SUNBURN missiles.

{smile}  The nukes stay in their silos for the event - U.S. and Russia would insist.  As for the SS-N-22... not going to lie, it is a wild card - but I am betting that Russia, for all of the boasting and sales - have been up to their old Soviet 'Monkey Model' tricks again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 13:38:17 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2012-6-15 20:37
... like the missile only F-4s going against Korean War vintage MIG-17s over the skies of Vietnam? ...

Hell, Trader,  I'll let you and your gang have the pick
of the crops here first, anywhichway your egotistic  little heart abd mind
prefers and desires to have it so go for it, my friend...

歼20研制速度超乎想象 看外国网民惊人评论-51军事观察室
                           (Page translated so fear not.)

I mean if the Hindu boys prefers to bury their sorry azzed little
head in the sand to save their, then why not you white folks as well? Why
not the macho macho Uncle Tradervickies of the world as well?  

So, go for it! Go'on, Maun! Take your pick, Uncle Vic!
I mean why not if, like that tub of sud from the neighborhood pub which proved
the magic potion to hit that spot right where it hurts?

But, mark my words, Trader: The J-20, strategically speaking,
wasn't meant for the dueling it out with the F-22, the F-35, or even with
the PAK-FA. To deal with these three systems, Chinese HQ SAM's, modern J-7&8's,
J-10's, J-11B's, J-15's, beyond visual SD-10A/B &C's, are the core knuckles
the PLA-AF will employ and, it's more than sufficient for the job.

My hypothesis as to the strategical importance of the J-20: It's a dedicated doomsday
machine designed with the likes of Guam, of Okinawa, of bases in Australia, Z'land even, and, of
course, it's aimed point blank at other regional posh military assets and bases that threatens China's security,
i.e., naval armadas thought to be protected by the safeties of the sea around them...

Yes, the J-20, my book, is an F-111 in a sneaky stealth sheeps clothing!!!  

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 13:51:50 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2012-6-16 11:31
Yep, it is a retired system (missile and radar)... but it is the analogy that fits for this one -  ...

The whole "raison d' etre" of the F-14 series aircraft was to carry the AIM54, Phoenix missile and damned nice system it was too, huge BVR and the F-14s didn't have to illuminate their targets because the E-2s would do that for them. Of course, the Phoenix was useless in a furball but that's where AIM7 & 9s came in as well as the 20mm onboard cannon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 22:43:40 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-6-16 01:14
We Chinese "have had Nam under our thumbs for countless of Chinese eons"
until the Qing empire  ...

China' supposed ally, Russia, sold Vietnam 6 subs. That should ensure a spirited rebuff to China's attack on them.

The Vietnamese are not losing sleep over China and somewhere in the US, war hawks will be praying for a miscalculation by China.

Keep pouring over the history books and pay particular attention to how the Japanese seized an opportunity once it presented itself.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.