Author: ttt222

J-20 fighter designed for South China Sea conflict: Global Times   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-15 02:46:21 |Display all floors
knock-off of the US' F-35

Seriously!

Anyway, if that makes you feel superior and more manly, you have
every rights to place whatever kinds of a pic you wish into your head and
dwell on it. Knock-offs still takes plenty of ingenuity, don't you agree?

It's actually quite pathetic that China can steal US military secrets so easily. There's nothing to be proud of for the US. (I am not an American nor Chinese, so I guess I am neutral on this topic)
Anyway, China improved certain design flaws of the F-35 and might by 2018 have a better aircraft than the US, if the PLA keeps refining it further.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 08:58:51 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-6-14 23:43
I also believe so, especially if you consider the fact that it is vastly a knock-off of the US' F- ...

Have you seen a size comparison?
This thing is larger than an F22.
Definitely a bomber, or strategic missile carrier.
Cold Rests the Heart of Darkness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 09:00:09 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-6-14 23:43
I also believe so, especially if you consider the fact that it is vastly a knock-off of the US' F- ...

Have you seen a size comparison?
This thing is larger than an F22.
Definitely a bomber, or strategic missile carrier.
Cold Rests the Heart of Darkness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 09:22:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2012-6-15 08:23

I don't see any underwing or fuselage hardpoints for weapons so there must be internal bays for them. I don't think it's large enough to carry ALCMs though. It may fulfill a similar role as the USAF F-117s.
It certainly is large but nowhere near as large as the, now retired, F-111 series.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 10:42:22 |Display all floors
China's fifth-generation stealth fighter, the J-20, is designed for potential conflict in the South China Sea, says the Global Times, a Chinese Communist Party-run tabloid known for its nationalistic bent.

Hm... a bit portly for a dogfighter, and not exactly sure the PLAA has 'Phoenix' Level Tech (either Air to Air Missiles or Radar Systems) to be a 'stand off' long range patroller.  Delivering anti-ship missiles maybe, if it has enought 'stealth' to get pass AWACS.  Truth?  It's a 1st Gen 'Technical Wonder' for an air force that is going to have to learn during its first firefight how to conduct itself for an entire conflict.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 11:25:17 |Display all floors
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-6-14 20:46
Get on your bike trader, I knows you know nuffin about jet planes!

Given your curt reply, it seems I have cut this one close to the bone.  Sorry Pang, but the PLA is a force that has not had practice, at any scale.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 13:10:15 |Display all floors
tradervic Post time: 2012-6-14 19:25
Given your curt reply, it seems I have cut this one close to the bone.  Sorry Pang, but the PLA is ...

Beyond visual AMRAMs requires
practice? Jezz, then these technologies have
to be Korean-Nam era ghoods...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.