Views: 1440|Replies: 4

CCTV Host Calls Hunan Education Department Lazy & Shameless [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-14 10:42:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2012-6-14 10:47

From Beijing Shots

One of the most read and discussed news topics on the Chinese internet yesterday and currently still the number 1 trending search term on leading Chinese search engine Baidu…
From iFeng:
Cui Yongyuan angrily denounces Hunan Province Department of Education: [They] don’t work hard, don’t do their jobs, don’t have any shame!
People’s Daily, Beijing, June 12th report (reporter Song Xinrui), Beijing time yesterday afternoon, well-known CCTV host and presenter Cui Yongyuan [famous for his popular talk show Tell it Like It Is that often discussed social issues] angrily denounced the Hunan Province Department of Education on his personal microblog, saying they “don’t work hard, don’t do their jobs, don’t have any shame!”
That day, Cui Yongyuan participated in an interview concerning the “training of rural village teachers.” Before the interview, he wrote on his microblog: “The Cui Yongyuan Public Welfare Fund’s sixth Rural Teacher Training session will train 100 Hunan rural teachers in August. In response to this, the Hunan Province Department of Education replied: ‘[We] don’t oppose, don’t support, don’t participate.’ We are extremely angry, and hereby officially judge the Hunan Province Department of Education as: don’t work hard, don’t do their jobs, don’t have any shame!”
According to media reports, in 2007 September, Cui Yongyuan and the China Red Cross Foundation jointly established the Cui Yongyuan Public Welfare Fund/Foundation with the “Training of Rural Teachers” being an important project of the fund. Since the start of the first training session on 2007 December 14 up to 2011 August, it has held a total of five training sessions throughout “Gansu, Guizhou, Sichuan, Hunan, Heilongjiang and other provinces with approximately 700 rural teachers having already undergone this training.”
At time of publication, this microblog post had already been forwarded 30,000 times, with netizens one after another heatedly discussing this matter.

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 06:26:39 |Display all floors
Aha, Cui told us the truth which could made some group unhappy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-16 10:26:25 |Display all floors
I don't get it, just because he's on TV he's an expert?
So what, he sets something up and ppl don't go - he has a right to criticize them?
Maybe his training for teachers is junk?
Does he have any personal experience if the teachers are lazy or unqualified?
Teachers should be trained in a University, no?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-17 21:33:06 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-6-16 10:26
I don't get it, just because he's on TV he's an expert?
So what, he sets something up and ppl don't  ...

No // He was not doing it for personal interests. purely for better education.

I support him totally
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-17 21:35:39 |Display all floors
Right so he is actually just butt-hurt that the government hasn't fawned all over his PERSONAL initiative. Yep I knew there was something more to this issue...
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.