Author: soapdodger

Going Public on Air Pollution in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-10 16:36:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 16:38:55 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-6-10 16:25
China welcomes foreign investors for sure, but not those with vested uterior interests or motives  ...
  1. Chinese affairs in China are to be dealt with inside China and by Chinese alone!
Copy code
Kai fang is officially 30 years old already. Yet rats and skunks still live in the feudal medieval age.

The more dirt you have under the carpet, the more reporters we will send to dig up the dirt.

The bigger the tree the more wind it catches.

Not surprising China catches the most wind.

And if we can expose some rats and skunks, even better.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 16:46:37 |Display all floors

RE: Going Public on Air Pollution in China

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-6-10 15:49
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-6-10 15:15
As has been said sans, the US simply provides that information for it's own citizens. Your gov't c ...
As has been said sans, the US simply provides that information for it's own citizens. Your gov't can censor Chinese peoples access if they wish!
Excerpts:

The top environmental official in Shanghai recently said that it is illegal for the U.S. consulate in Shanghai to publish PM2.5 readings.

China's Vice Environmental Minister Wu Xiaoqing said Monday that PM2.5 data from certain foreign embassies and consulates in the country may not be standardized or rigorous, and their publication of the data is not in line with international conventions or the country's laws and regulations.

"It is unscientific for certain foreign embassies and consulates to evaluate the air quality of an entire area based on data from a single monitoring station,"
Wu said, adding that the Ministry of Environmental Protection had previously warned them about that.

The gist of the argument is: "One sparrow does not make a summer"

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 16:59:27 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-6-10 15:46

Why is it unscientific? Simply because another gov't monitors air quality? So, we can assume, by this that only China has the scientific ability to accurately measure anything sans? A load of rot, and you know it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 17:02:30 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-6-10 16:46
  1. The gist of the argument is: "One sparrow does not make a summer"
Copy code
But you think one rat will make a summer?

Now, who makes laws in China anyway?

Does some funny official in Shanghai make laws for China?

If every funny official can make law, where does law start and where does law end?

No wonder it is so lawless.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 17:08:14 |Display all floors

RE: Going Public on Air Pollution in China

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-6-10 16:10
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-6-10 15:28
By the same token, others internal affairs, including those of indiginour peoples are no business  ...

China has a policy of non-interference into another country's internal affairs. Those articles on indigenous natives are in response to countries that have poked their noses into Chinese internal affairs, like Tibet, Taiwan, Xinjian and the sovereignty of Huangyan Island.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-10 17:14:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2012-6-10 16:14
sansukong Post time: 2012-6-10 16:08
China has a policy of non-interference into another country's internal affairs. Those articles on i ...

Yet many here, who claim to represent China, or allude to it, constantly interfere in our affairs. You are no different from them sans, just a tad more civilised.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.