Author: Rearwindow

Dozens arrested after riot at Foxconn plant in Chengdu   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-8 17:15:59 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-8 17:09
I must remember that when there is a riot anywhere in the world  ...........

It is due to the pol ...

I didn't state that if a riot "anywhere" in the world happens,it's China's fault or its politics. But Foxconn had been in the news more than once. The initial spark might have been the thief,but such violence just because of a thief? On the other side,Chinese indeed tend to kind of a "lynch justice". I myself witnessed a thief in a large department store...soon being hunted and severely beaten by a large crowd of bystanders with a violence that makes one thinking.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 17:28:04 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-6-8 17:15
I didn't state that if a riot "anywhere" in the world happens,it's China's fault or its politics.  ...

This is what happens when people lives in a system that frustrates them.

Need for justice is as basic as need for food. It's in the genes.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 17:34:00 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-6-8 17:15
I didn't state that if a riot "anywhere" in the world happens,it's China's fault or its politics.  ...

I agree ..........

And if you pack people into the kind of dormitories such as in FoxConn tempers can flare  ..........

In the case of many Chinese order can fall to chaos very quickly ...........

I too have witnessed mob rage in China  .........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 17:39:15 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-8 17:28

I think your democracy movement could solve this quite easily ........

Precipitate a civil war to wipe out half the population to enforce democracy  .........

And maybe they will not have to suffer the crowded conditions which can cause a pack mentality .........

And whilst you are mentally processing this idea it might be worthwhile to try and understand why Chinese and Japanese people are so different in their pack approach going back centuries  ..........

Oh! I would point out here that neither country had a democracy prior to WWII ........

Yet, their behavioral patterns are very different ...........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 17:52:12 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-6-8 12:15
These incidents are bound to occur as China goes through the painful capitalist phase of their march ...

And you probably buy Apple products.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 18:10:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ktbond at 2012-6-8 18:11
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-8 17:28
"Need for justice is as basic as need for food. It's in the genes."

I see that Mr. Dreamy has assumed the position of spokesman for  ev1l   ter r0ri5ts  who  lau nches  surprise att a cks on A me rican forces.

I knew you were up to no good!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 18:28:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by baofeng at 2012-6-8 18:29

Foxconn has had similar problems at its plants in other cities in China. In GZ the CEO's Lamborghini was trashed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.