Views: 2742|Replies: 3

Jinan University f×××ed my youth, says graduation photo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-7 10:56:25 |Display all floors

A racy graduation photo from Jinan university class of 2008 reads, “Jinan National university, you have f×××ed my youth!” (Internet photo)
A photo of graduates from a well-known Guangzhou university advertising department has triggered heated debate on the internet, according to Information Times, a newspaper based in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong.
In the photo, the students of the class of 2008 are holding a banner which reads, “Jinan University advertisement class, you have ****ed my youth.” Behind the banner, each student is holding a card with their twisted wishes on it, such as hoping for a wealthy wife or for rape. The cultural critic Liu Yang spoke out against the graduation photo, which has been forwarded madly on microblogs.
Liu even said if he wanted to hire people, he wouldn’t recruit students from the university, saying, “This university has been blacklisted.”
Hordes of netizens denounced Liu’s response. The controversial Peking University professor Kong Qingdong wrote that he had given lectures at the university and “felt that the quality of the students was not bad.” Some students wrote that there is no need to exaggerate the effect of what is only a graduation photo and that the criticism reflects that China still lacks a sense of social tolerance. Other students expressed that judging the quality of a student from a single photo is rash.
“If a youth dyes his hair like parrot feathers, I could totally understand it,” said Yong He, a university teacher. In his view, the photo has nothing to do with the moral character of the students in it. He said Liu Yang’s words do not have the power to determine the future of these students, even admitting that he likes the students in this photo. “If the students have the courage to take such an edgy picture, they probably have the ability to endure a variety of criticism,” Yong said.
http://www.beijingshots.com/2012/06/jinan-university-f%c3%97%c3%97%c3%97ed-my-youth-says-graduation-photo/

Want China Times

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 10:29:42 |Display all floors
Good medernisation drive.

In a reputable university.

Did they learn only f-u-c-k-i-n-g la??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 11:02:53 |Display all floors
maybe only these students are qualified to say something...
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 15:29:56 |Display all floors
hardluck2008 Post time: 2012-6-8 11:02
maybe only these students are qualified to say something...

Good guess

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.