Views: 1639|Replies: 4

Too big for its own good [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-6-6 17:11:29 |Display all floors

A resident surnamed Wang living in Zhengzhou, Henan Province raised a Chinese giant salamander for 15 years, but now wants to find someone to take it off his hands.

The giant salamander is 1.2 meters long and weighs about 15 kilograms.
Wang said that his friends and he visited Xi’an, Shaanxi Province in 1997, where he bought the salamander for 5,000 yuan ($786).
“At that time, it was only about 4 kilograms. I was afraid that he would be killed and cooked in a restaurant, and so I collected money to save it and brought it back,” Wang said.
Wang said that the giant animal eats fish once a week among other meals, and sometimes even eat only twice a week. “About 250 grams of fish is a meal. The animal could endure starvation for about two years in the wild.”
A worker at Zhengzhou Zoo, Luo Hongyang, said that the zoo would like to take in the animal.
Dahe Daily

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 19:13:31 |Display all floors
A face this big is always good

No pie is too big for me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-6 22:30:15 |Display all floors
I wander whether it is delicious if we cook this fish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 09:51:08 |Display all floors
it is a little large as a pet! It can terrible for most people, it should be taken into Zoo. maybe it is good for salamander and other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 10:30:39 |Display all floors
hopefully he can lead a peaceful life out there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.