Views: 7977|Replies: 9

Today is the Anti-Smoking Day!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-2 22:55:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chopSTICKed at 2012-6-2 23:32

In 1839, A famous Chinese official named Lin Zexu destroyed 20,000 bales of opium. This move provoked Britain to declare war.
The First Opium War lasted from 1839 to 1842.

Lin Zexu was an official loyal to the Daoguang Emperor of China.
He was born in August 30, 1785 in the Fujian province.
Lin Zexu was the world's first leader of an anti-drug war movement, and he nearly succeeded in helping rid Qing China of the debilitating drug.
He was the most famous Chinese hero for his active fight against foreign-imported opium. He went to Guangdong to stop the import of opium prior to the First Opium War in 1838.

China celebrates the 3rd June as the Anti-Smoking Day, as this was the day when Lin confiscated and burned the crates of opium.

As the World Trade Centers fell due to conflict between the Judeo-Christian Fundamentalists and the Jihad, the famous Chinatown New York Lin Zexu statue stands as defiantly as ever.

THE PIONEER IN THE WAR AGAINST ILLEGAL DRUGS

THE PIONEER IN THE WAR AGAINST ILLEGAL DRUGS

The above article was chopped  from http://forum.china.org.cn/viewth ... &extra=page%3D2 then sticked  in this forum by Chopsticker.
Single choice vote, There are a total of 3 people participating in the poll
Your current user group has no poll permission
I bring chopsticks wherever I go as my private eating utensils and deadly secret weapons !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-2 23:04:15 |Display all floors
Yes, today is the Anti-Smoking Day.
I bring chopsticks wherever I go as my private eating utensils and deadly secret weapons !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-2 23:39:29 |Display all floors
If you want to know the result of a similar poll in other forum please click this link: http://forum.china.org.cn/viewth ... &extra=page%3D1

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-3 10:13:20 |Display all floors
I didn't know this, not that it would've made a difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-3 15:32:24 |Display all floors
I am not a smoker ,but it seems that smoking is much helpful to human communication ,so more and more people are becoming a smoker now ,smoking gradually come to be a kind of specific culture in chnia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-3 17:40:09 |Display all floors
Smoking is also a social habbit; not a good one though!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-6-3 18:25:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2012-6-3 18:25
longzhou Post time: 2012-6-3 17:40
Smoking is also a social habbit; not a good one though!

A good one for some Western economies

The UK tax on fag's is very high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.