Author: lau_guan_kim

Lilliputines cock a snoot invoking Uncle Sam   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-14 00:38:51 |Display all floors

Manila living in a fantasy world: China Daily

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 03:59:41 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much ri

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 04:40:00 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 04:40:03 |Display all floors
jinseng Post time: 2012-6-15 02:59
Read Article 121 of UNCLOS.

It is not in the Exclusive Economic Zone because as defined by UNCLOS,  ...

If it cannot be claimed as any part of a continental shelf, then China's premise for their claim is also null and void, the way I see it anyway. Simply fishing there for several centuries doesn't automatically bestow ownership either.
I think that, in  a case such as this, where it is submerged at hight tide, where it is uninhabited and where it is so close as to be within the Philippines EEZ, then ownership should pass to this nation.
It was neither conquered nor colonised, so, proximity must be the deciding factor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 07:17:29 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-6-13 05:02
When all was said and done, the one singular anomaly and blight in this China Daily is the wanton d ...

You know, one thing I dread is to depend on
people for my survival and mobility. Hence the thought of me being
on wheelchair is anathema to my character.

With the description you've given of what the future will eventually hold for each and everyone of us, Mr. Lau, how it saddens me to be reminded, once again, the voltilities of life, especially when one by one, the best of my friends and bossom buddies just simply leaves us reminding us of our very own immortality.

Now days, I don't think for or about my own welfare no more. What tends to keep creeping up in my mind is how seemly it was only yesterday that I prided myself in the suceeding of chasing after and capturing the heart of the most prized possesion in my life, my other half. How time has passed us by!

And what scares me the most is this though I tend not to show it: it's the sadness I get over the pictures that forms in my mind of how one day the ones close to me will have to be left behind, alone, to face the harshness of life without me.

No, Mr. Lau, I'm not yet in the stage of existence that you had described and neither is the Mrs. But, who knows what the future holds for each of us so don't dispare, Mr. Lau, because as the slogan from the coffee ad goes; (refering to life) "good to the very last drop". In other words...

That's why I juses GD here, why I uses the Lauging, and why I uses the Revolutionar, as my punching bag!!!

Good punch bag, Mr. CD{:soso_e113:}!
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 10:25:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-15 10:51:59 |Display all floors

The Philippines snares US to fight a China War

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.