Author: soapdodger

Freedom from Chinese labor camp   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-21 20:43:20 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-21 20:34
The OP article only gave the voice of one side. Did he interview the other side?

Matters little really, arresting a person and throwing them in any kind of detention for a year or more without trial is wrong, plain and simple.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 20:45:11 |Display all floors
ericinchina Post time: 2012-5-21 20:43
Matters little really, arresting a person and throwing them in any kind of detention for a year or ...

If you are a law-abiding person, your chance of being thrown into prison is very slim. Why are you so worried?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 21:11:27 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-21 20:45
If you are a law-abiding person, your chance of being thrown into prison is very slim. Why are you ...

It seems to me that he was a "law abiding" citizen but spoke out on a subject the powers that be felt he was not entitled to speak about. This is abuse of power.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 21:56:00 |Display all floors
Wang Li jun and B o XL's names almost make seneca soil his pants.   What if one day these two guys are freed? Will seneca need large-sized pampers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 23:57:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-21 23:58
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-21 16:17
If you are a law abiding person, why do you feel nervous?

You are a woman in labour.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 00:07:39 |Display all floors
The next day, Fang received a summons again from the Chongqing police. He refused to go, but soon found his home surrounded by more than 20 policemen and a fire truck. The standoff lasted a whole day.

Try that in most countries 'refused to go' and you will ratchet up the problem rather than diminish it. Normally people comply with police or court requests to comply and the situation resolves accordingly. In this case the stated victim did not help his own situation and may have been his own downfall.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-22 00:14:00 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-5-21 21:56
Wang Li jun and B o XL's names almost make seneca soil his pants.   What if one day these two guys ...

I know it's your wet dream but Bo & Wang ain't going anywhere for a long, long time. You best tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree. And do meet Bo when he gets out, even you be looking good to him by that time.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.