Author: NE_Tigress

Chairman Mao's famoue quotation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-27 22:28:38 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-5-24 11:23
Perfectly put

Mao = repression, starvation, cruelty, poverty and China being a laughing stock of  ...

China a Laughing Stock?

I see a set of two diametrically opposed ideas here and nothing in the middle. Let me try a couple of ideas and see where they land.  In 1949, the Communists finally took over most of the main land, and no one was laughing, least of all the KMT or the US. In 1950, McArthur laughed with confidence until November 1950 and the laughter stopped to be replaced with the idea that he was so angry that 20 atomic bombs would be dropped on China by the poor losers, who incidentally were no longer laughing. In 1965 the laughing US poo-poed the French and took on the Vietnamese who had support from China and Russia, and by 1975 the US was no longer laughing. In 1968 the Chinese got the bomb and I am sure no one laughed at that idea. A change of politics in 1972 meant that the US needed China and again the laughter was mute. Now it may be easy to point out that China has had a woefully troubled past, but to claim China is a laughing stock is just well, ‘laughable’.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-27 23:39:48 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-5-27 22:03
read this very paper for a man that killed 11 folks in Kunming! Chinese are as murderous as any Co ...

There are more news abot bruatl shootings in gwei.lo lands

U got 3 fingers pointing back at u o nuthead
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 02:14:23 |Display all floors
caringhk Post time: 2012-5-27 23:39
There are more news abot bruatl shootings in gwei.lo lands

U got 3 fingers pointing back at u o n ...

Lol nuthead! You are the one that raised issue of violence in the West... You cannot even remember your point. Attention deficit disorder
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 03:44:32 |Display all floors

Mao once famously said,

"Revolution is not a dinner party".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-26 05:29:28 |Display all floors
barbarianmo Post time: 2012-9-5 03:44
Mao once famously said,

But dinner parties do follow after a successful revolution, my dear.

'History is written by the winners and liers'~[Napoleon Bonaparte]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-13 17:59:47 |Display all floors

" Revolution is not a Dinner Party "     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.