Author: 29042012

CCTV host Yang Rui   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-20 21:27:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2012-5-22 10:28

Personally, I think that Yang Rui is an ignorant git who is rude to the extreme when interviewing guests.
CCTV9 sucks anyway. It's no better than the BBC etc.

We all know that there are good and bad in every race but in China, foreigner is the term for everyone not Chinese, which is correct.
The trouble is that foreigners from different countries/races/religions and so on are all lumped together which is incorrect and unfair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-20 21:47:13 |Display all floors
The language used by Yang Rui is massively inappropriate and unprofessional of someone in his position. It is the kind of comment from a public personality which will be used against China as a form of evidence that Chinese news and programs are biased and unreliable. I see that someone mentioned the loutish cello player and I would put these two in the same category. Unnecessary, unsatisfactory and uncouth.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-21 15:57:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-20 22:39
Why do you defend a so-called "journalist" whose language clearly is unethical, racist, boorish, e ...

I believe it is China's decision to find a way to get rid of unwanted, unlicensed or illegal foreigners. I can fully understand this. Here in Japan they would be arrested right away, put in detention for a short time and then kicked out of the country - usually with a ten year's cooling period in which a deportee cannot come back. And, mind you - it works perfectly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 16:06:23 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-20 21:47
The language used by Yang Rui is massively inappropriate and unprofessional of someone in his positi ...

Adolphus, it is not so often that I totally agree with you, but well said!!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-21 16:14:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by satsu_jin at 2012-5-21 17:15
seneca Post time: 2012-5-21 17:09
That is granted. Nobody here is in support of drug junkies, sex pests, economic refugees, crooks,  ...

OK, I have no problem with your statement. I also regret the poor wording of Mr. Yang but I believe that this does not justify disciplinary actions against him. After all he is only a human being and we all tend to lose our cool once in a while.

Probably an expression of regret will do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 16:21:19 |Display all floors
The article is not journalism, it is sensationalism, a sad example of the lack of journalistic talent that is the norm not only in China but around the world. In Australia we have Andrew Bolt, a "journalist" who has his own show thinly veiled as an interview and expose piece, but which really exists to tear strips of anything that is not part of the Coalition alliance. I am not saying that I do not agree with a portion of his comments but as far as being factual, unbiased and informative, both Bolt and Yang Rui are just thugs with a microphone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-21 16:26:22 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-5-19 19:03
With a surge of anti-foreigner bile rising in Beijing, one might expect a prominent Chinese TV perso ...

This is the real side of a harmonic society, yes Mr. Yang Rou 羊肉

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.