Author: Rearwindow

Do you miss Chairman Mao?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-12 09:12:59 |Display all floors

Mao, the Ultimate Revolutionary

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-5-12 09:32

IÑMao became the penultimate revolutionary, in his later years,  revolution for the sake of revolution was more important to him than China.
When he saw that his own people became the "ruling class" he fought to usurp, he started the destructive Cultural Revolution to depose them. That set China back by a generation, possibly more. China is only recovering from the horrific destruction wrought by the GangOf4.
Mao did his best work before 1951. He should have stepped down in favour of Deng Xiaoping and Zhou Enlai.
Mao did a lot of damage after 1952.
After Mao's death, CCP became obsessed with stability. It knows China cannot afford the Mao revolutions again.
Seriously I don't think even the CCP misses him, not really.
He was a great man, he did great things in his lifetime, more than I ever could, he just didn't know how to let go. In the end he believed in his own image rather than in himself as a fallible human being.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-12 13:30:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2012-5-12 13:30
snappysammy Post time: 2012-5-12 07:02
you're not a very Christian,,,,Christian....you anti Semitic a s s  h o  l  e

Your friend Smithi is the one who doesn't like Jews.

Bumboy.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-5-13 04:42:49 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2012-5-11 08:55
Utterly utterly clueless...

That pretty much describes yourself if you think Mao didn't save China for the Chinese people.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-13 04:46:26 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2012-5-9 18:33
Robert......wake up....

If chiang kai shek had won China would have been turned over to the ignorant, thieving Christians and it would be a
backward puppet nation with all its riches and stolen and its culture obliterated.
If you don't want to wake up to that fact then there's nothing more I can do for you.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-13 04:47:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-9 18:46
No, make that, "Robber, thanks for the bone you brought us...go to sleep now...there is a nice dog ...

You are about the most ignorant person I have ever come across and I've met some pretty stupid people.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-5-13 05:49:55 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-5-12 13:30
Your friend Smithi is the one who doesn't like Jews.

Bumboy.

Smitty is my friend....and he's never called me any Name..You have several times....You're also a RAT telling on someone else...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-5-13 05:50:51 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-13 04:47
You are about the most ignorant person I have ever come across and I've met some pretty stupid peo ...

I thinkl George is the most Ignorant... and he has a face full of Puss
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.